Do Us Part

Joanne and Adam both arrived home around 5, as usual. They seemed tense but you assumed they just had stressful work days. You plated their dinner and all sat around. Dinner was quiet tonight, you felt a little uncomfortable but tried to focus on feeding Connor and not letting him choke on his food.

Joanne and Adam didn't say anything for the entire dinner. As you were cleaning, Adam came up to you and touched the small of your back to get your attention, you jumped, startled, and whisked around to look at him.

"Sorry," he murmured, quietly. "Joanne and I would like to take you out to dinner tomorrow at 5. We've hired a temporary babysitter to watch Connor so you could join us. Would you please come?" He asked as if he was begging, desperate for me to be there.

"Yeah, of course. Should I be worried? Is everything ok?" You started getting nervous that they were going to fire you, why else would they hire someone else to watch Connor and take you out? What had you done wrong? Your mind started to get fuzzy thinking of all the possibilities.

"No, yeah, don't worry. We just have some news we wanted to share with you. A driver will be picking us up here at 4:45 to take us."

"Oh, ok. Well, I look forward to it." You gave a slight smirk.

__________________________

The next day, you spent the entire day in a haze thinking about what it could be that they have to tell you. Connor could tell you were less attentive and had to constantly redirect you to him by asking you the same questions over and over until you gave him an answer. But you couldn't help it, what could be so drastic that they have to take you out to tell you something?

You changed into a tight ribbed black dress that went just down to your knees and some black strappy heels. You tied your hair into a low bun and let the short pieces frame your face. You don't usually wear makeup, but you threw on some today to be more formal.

Adam came down in a black suit, with a white shirt and a red tie. His raven hair tousled lightly. He looked so. fucking. hot. you couldn't help but audibly gasp a little when you saw him. He gave you a smile as he adjusted his cufflinks. You wanted him so badly.

He came up to you, looked you over and said "You look beautiful." Your heart raced and you immediately felt weak, your clit beginning to throb because you wanted him so badly.

"The car is about to be here. Are you ready?" He asked.

"No, yes. One second, I just want to say goodnight to Connor."

You walked over to where Connor was on the couch with the temporary babysitter. You kissed him on his head and said "Later little dude." He giggled.

Adam's POV:

You racked your brain for what to wear tonight. You didn't want to under-dress and let Joanne think that you didn't take the situation seriously. Tonight you were going to tell (y/n) that you and Joanne were getting a divorce. You both knew in your hearts it was right, but that didn't make the situation any easier.

You weren't nervous about telling (y/n) about the divorce, you were more nervous about asking her to be a live- in Nanny. Joanne found a place in the upper east side with her 'friend'. You didn't want Connor to live with her and whoever she's fucking now. So, with Joanne moving out soon, you were going to need as much help as you could get. You were hoping that (y/n) wouldn't be freaked out by the idea. Part of you was excited at the thought of seeing her all the time. You loved watching her with Connor, she was so good with him, and he loved her. She had such a maternal instinct.

You decided on your black suit, it felt like you were attending a funeral anyway, so you paired it with a white shirt and red tie. You shaped your hair a little bit and made your way downstairs to where (y/n) was waiting.