7. Ouchie

Paisley's POV

  My first weekend with my mommies was amazing. Everything just went so smoothly, it almost seemed too good to be true. On Sunday we spent the day at the zoo which was so much fun. It had been forever since I last went to the zoo. That same evening my sister Maddie came over for dinner which was a really nice treat.

  The worst part about Sunday was that Mama said I had to sleep in my own bed that night. That made me a little sad but I understood her reasoning. I work on Mondays and it's hard to feel big enough for work when I wake up in bed with my mommies. So on my work nights I have to stay in my room, other than that Mama said I can sleep with her and Mommy.

  Today's Wednesday and I think we're all kinda finding our balance still. I'm excited today is Wednesday cause that means I get to sleep in Mama and Mommy's bed. Plus when I get home today I can be little as much as I want, up until work again on Monday.

  I can't wait to get into my pull ups and a onesie. I want stuffie cuddles and a bottle of juice. I wanna sit in Mommy's lap and watch cartoons while she plays with my hair and tells me how cute I am.

  I've been thinking about it all day which is making the work day feel kinda long. Luckily, I work with all kids under the age of 5 and they don't seem to notice that my mind is a little distracted. I love working with the little kids, we're kindred spirits. I started gymnastics when I was 5 and now that I don't compete anymore, I love staying involved with the sport by coaching these girls.

  We're working on new skills today which is always fun for the girls. Some girls catch on better than others and don't really need much help, while others needs to be spotted.

  My poor mind just isn't really focused when I'm helping one of my girls. Half way through spotting her, I'm taken by complete surprise as her foot crashes into my face. The worst part is that while I'm in sudden excruciating pain, I can't give in to my reflex to bring my hands to my face. If I did that the poor girl would fall on her head and then we'd both be in tears.

  I'm aware of a couple other coaches rushing over to me, along with the little girl apologizing over and over for kicking me in the face. It wasn't her fault, it was mine. I should have been more focused.

  I bring a hand to my nose and sure enough, blood is pouring down my face. Tears sting my eyes and a wet cloth is being dragged across my face. But all I see is black, tunneling in while the faces and voices blur around me. I should probably mention, that I don't do well with blood.

  "Paisley? Paisley!" A voice snaps. My eyes flutter open and I'm eye to eye with a coach named Raven. "Hey there you are. You gave us all a scare." She says softly. She's always been so nice to me. I take in my surroundings and realize I'm reclined on a couch in the coach office. An ice pack is pressed to my face and a sharp headaches pounds at my skull.

  "I wanna go home..." I mumble, fighting back tears that want to resurface. I just want my mommies and fighting the urge to slip feels nearly impossible right now.

  Raven sits with me while I call Mommy to come pick me up. Mommy sounds confused, but agrees to come get me now, though I didn't give her much as far as explanations go. I'm sure she can tell I'm on the verge of another bout of tears.

  I want to whine and complain and tell Mommy how my face hurts and my head is throbbing. I want to tell her how bad I need cuddles right now. But Raven is still right beside me and I don't want to look or sound like a big cry baby.

   I stay in the office with the ice on my face until Mommy texts that's she's outside. The world spins a little as I stand and gather my things. My face and head are still throbbing with pain despite the painkillers Raven gave me. I wave goodbye to my co workers and the girls who are still practicing, then Raven walks me to the parking lot. She tells me to feel better and waves at Mommy before going back inside. I get into Mommy's car with a sigh, tossing my bag into the back.