CHAPTER 6

Amethyst St. Clair's POV

"Hey!" I greeted Franco at the coffee shop where we usually meet to chat. It's been two weeks since we met and adopted this kind of set-up. Every day we gather for lunchtime and spend a few hours with each other company's before calling it a day.

We stroll around the area. He helped me to the market to buy stuff since he knew that I was a part-time housekeeper at my grandfather's villa. We try local cuisines and of course, watch the calm lake before us.

"Hey, beautiful." He said with a smile on his gorgeous face. He was already sitting on one of the tables in our favorite spot under the shaded parasol lineup in the streets. He took my hand and kissed my palm the gesture he'd been doing since then.

"Did you wait long? Sorry, something came up at the villa." I explained to him taking the chair across from him.

"Iced Americano with extra ice two pumps of vanilla and two pumps of toffee nut and a dash of cream." He grinned at me, pushing the tall disposable coffee cup in my direction. "I hope I get your fancy drink right."

I did everything to stop the stupid smile from slipping on my face. So he now memorized my customize drinks but I cannot let him suspect anything. "Yes, thank you."

He nodded in the direction of the sketch notebook in my hand. "What's that?"

"Oh," I said, taking a sip of my favorite customized drink. "Just a hobby of mine. I want to sketch again it's been a while since the last time I draw."

His eyes widened in my direction with interest. "Would you mind if look at your sketches?"

"Nope." I hid my sketchbook at my back when he stretched out his hand in front of me. "This book is like my personal diary. Looking at my drawings feels like reading my thoughts, Franco."

"Oh, come on now." He cajoled playfully, his light brown eyes were teasing me. "Just a peek and then I'll give it back to you."

"No way! I don't trust you that much."

"Ouch!"

"Your persuasion will lead you to nowhere, Mr. Calvetti," I informed him, flipping my notebook to a blank page.

"What will you draw then?"

I glanced at him briefly before starting to draw lines on the blank canvas. I found myself grinning at him. "My surroundings of course!"

He took a deep breath and pouted at me like a child. "I feel jealous that the backdrop got your full attention while I am sitting here feeling forgotten about my beautiful girl."

I raised an eyebrow in his direction as I glanced at him with a slight smile on my face. "Your flattery will get you nowhere, Mr. Calvetti."

"Why so harsh on me, Amy?"

"You're disturbing me," I replied with a laugh as I continue to sketch in my book. "Don't talk to me right now while I draw, okay?"

He let out an angry sigh as he turned his head to the side and look at the calm lake before us and completely ignore me. Perfect, I thought with satisfaction. I have him the way I want him to pose. I took my chance and drew every angle of his face with concentration. My graphite pencil glides smoothly on my sketchbook as I draw lines of his handsome face.

When I was about to finish my drawing, paying attention to the details of him when speaking again made me nearly drop my pencil. "How do you find my handsomeness in your drawing?"

I instantly closed my notebook and felt the heat spread through my cheeks. "I don't know what you mean." 

"I know you keep on looking at me and your sketch pad back and forth. I am aware of your eyes looking at me intently," he said with a smirk, stretching his arms upward. "I will be more sympathetic to the paid models for art classes next time. My muscles went numb. Let me see your portrait of me, Amy."