CHAPTER 20

Amethyst St. Clair's POV

"Welcome to Italy, Massimo," Franco announced as we finally arrived at his home after a long flight from New York.

Just like that, we're back in Italy it feels like we have been away for a month instead of a few days. So much had happened back in New York it felt like I was still dreaming about the whole thing.

"Do you live here, Daddy?" Max asked in awe as he looked around the classic Italian architecture of his house. "It's so nice here."

His father grinned at him ruffling his dark hair in the process. "I am glad that you like it here, buddy. Come I will show you your room."

They were about to ascend the staircase hand in hand when our son looked back at me with questioning eyes. "Aren't you coming with us, Mommy?"

I smiled brightly in his direction as I remained standing in the living room. "It's okay, darling. Let Daddy show you to your room I have something to do in my room. I will join you later after I am done."

"Okay!" Max beamed at me as he continued to climb the grand staircase. I couldn't miss the way Franco's eyes looked before vanishing on the second floor with our son.

I took a deep breath as I went to my room to arrange my things. The reason for my stay in Italy might have changed drastically but that doesn't mean that I have to forget about the original agenda of why I came here in the first place.

I searched through my luggage for the familiar envelope were the new sets of drawings for Franco's mother's custom-made jewelry sets. I hope that he will finally approve these designs so we can move on with other things that need to be clear with our current situation.

I arranged my things in the bedroom I have been using since the first time I arrived here. I brought with me a month's worth of clothing just to be sure for this trip.

After I was finally done with my task, I went searching for Max and his father. The maid informed me that they were in the prince's study room.

I knocked lightly on the doorway before entering without permission. My eyes narrowed when I didn't see my son in the room. "Where's Max?"

He looked up from the papers he'd been reading and stared at me with a quiet smile on his face. "In the pool area with Mrs. Regio."

I frowned at him while advancing even further inside the room. "Who is Mrs. Regio?"

"My trusted nanny as a child." He replied with a quite fond smile on his handsome face. "I asked her to look after Max while you are staying here."

My eyes narrowed in his direction even more. "Isn't she too old for the job? I mean, don't get me wrong but you just said that she's your nanny as a child."

"Don't worry." He stated as he sat back from his chair. "She's still fit for the job. And right now I don't trust anyone besides my staff to look after our son. They might not resist selling the story to the media and this will blow up out of proportion."

"Are you saying...?"

"Don't get me wrong." He added hastily. "It's not like I am ashamed of our son or something. I will introduce him to society when the right time comes but right now I want him to feel that he's secure around here. And I will have a hard time doing that when the media will start invading our privacy since it's not every day they will discover that I already have a five-year-old son."

I breathed deeply. "I like that too. I don't want the paparazzi to discover him just yet. I just want a normal life for him as much as possible."

He grinned at me rakishly. "I think we're on the same page with this."