CHAPTER 11

Amethyst St. Clair's POV

I stirred from my dreamless sleep. It was already night the room was so dark at the moment. I looked around wondering how I ended up in bed when the last thing I remembered I was making new sketches at the study table in this room.

My eyes widened when I realized that I was not all alone on the massive bed. I carefully turned my head sideways to find Franco Calvetti sleeping soundly beside me.

I automatically looked at my body only to see that I was still fully dressed.

I froze when his voice sounded in the silent room. "I didn't attack you while you were sleeping. It's not my thing, Amy."

I sat up on the bed as I switched on the lamp on the bedside table. The soft glow of lights illuminates the whole room. "How did I end up here?"

"I saw you sleeping at the table while working so I picked you up and put you to bed so you will be comfortable."

"Oh," I said pulling the covers upward up to my chin. I looked at him while his eyes were still shut.

"Are you hungry?" He asked casually. "You haven't had your dinner yet. Do you want me to ask the maid to prepare one for you?"

"I am not hungry," I replied looking at the clock on my side table. It's already 10:30 p.m.

I heard him sigh deeply as he sat from the bed. I looked away when I realized that he was half-naked. He picked up the wireless phone on his side table and dialed someone. I heard him asking for supper in his bedroom.

"I told you, I am not hungry," I informed him once he disconnected the phone call.

"Of course," he mocked looking at me with unreadable eyes. "But I don't want people to think that I am not taking good care of my jewelry designs. So you must eat even if you don't want to."

My gaze followed him silently when he slid out of the bed to switch on the chandelier lights in his room. He wasn't the same man I met in Lake Como six years ago. This man in front of me was a ruthless and hardened man he wasn't the same playful man I fell in love with. Now, where did those unwanted thoughts come from?

Suddenly, I realized that I could not sleep in the same bed with him again even if he reassured me that he would not touch me without my consent. "Your Highness..."

He looked at me sharply there was annoyance on his face as he stared at me. "Amy? Are we going to play this?"

I scowled back at him. "Let's maintain a strict business relationship here, Your Highness."

"Amethyst!"

I stared at him coldly as I sat up straight from the bed. "I am serious. If you want me to stay here for three more days. Fine. But I want a separate room from you."

He stared at me as if I was the most annoying person he ever met. "No."

I raised my chin in defiance at him. "That's my condition of my own if you want me to stay here for three more days. Take it or leave it."

"No." He replied stubbornly.

"All right." I nodded at him as I threw the covers from my body and started to stand from the bed. "I guess I need to go back to my hotel now."

"Wait!" He said when I was about to leave the room. I heard him curse under his breath. "Okay fine. You can have your room in this house. Happy?"

"Very," I answered gravely.

Before he could have retorted back at me a knock sounded on the doorway.

"Come in," Franco announced when I saw the maid enter his bedroom with a tray of food in her hands.