CHAPTER 2

Franco Calvetti's POV

I am still reeling at the fact that this woman was standing in front of me. How many times in the past I have wished that this day would come? Finally, I found her again. I thought with satisfaction.

I was supposed to be here in this hotel for business now I have forgotten all about it the moment I met her striking light green eyes. Those same eyes invaded my dream...no, not dreams but nightmares since she vanished years ago.

Looking at her stunning face as if she also couldn't believe that I was standing in front of her. I savored every moment when I saw fear in her eyes. And then it occurred to me what she just said over her mobile a moment ago before she bumped into me.

"Lover, amore?" I found myself asking though I was not sure what would be my reaction if she admitted that it was her lover she was talking about over the phone. Something inside me stir that I found my fists balled at my side.

She was just staring silently as if she still couldn't believe it and probably praying that I was not standing in front of her right now.

"Lover?" I repeated when she remained silent. This time I could feel the anger bubbling up inside me while waiting for her to deny my accusation. Her silence made me want to shake her and demand that she refute telling me she doesn't have a lover.

"That's none of your business." But she didn't do that instead she replied coldly, trying to get away from me as soon as possible that made me more mad than necessary. "Excuse me."

She was about to leave when I stopped her by grabbing her upper arm. Oh no, she's not going anywhere until I have the answer I want from her. "I don't think I gave you the permission to leave."

"I don't need your permission to leave." She hissed at me with my eyes narrowing like daggers in my direction. "You do not own me."

"Ah, but I have once, remember?" Something inside me flared at her defiance. Suddenly, I wanted to do something that would remind her how she became mine before. "You were once mine, Amy."

"In your dreams."

"Trust me," I replied, not giving a hint of emotion that belied what I felt about her at the moment. "You're always been in my dreams. And nightmares too. But not anymore you are finally here." I pulled her closer until nothing separated us. I leaned down and whispered something in her ears. "Welcome back, my love. I miss you."

She instantly pushed me creating distance between us. "I don't have time to play your games, Your Highness. I suggest pretending that we didn't meet today and just moving on with our businesses today, shall we?"

"Why will I do that? You're finally here. Besides, we still have unfinished business, and I believe I still need to settle an old score. " I said letting myself smile slightly while silently studying her. In the years since I last saw her, she became more beautiful but those warm smiles in her pretty green eyes were noticeably missing.

She threw an acid glare in my direction. "The nerve of you to think you need to have the right to settle an old score between us." She barked a fake laugh. "God, you just don't get it, don't you? You're so full of yourself. I don't know what madness possessed me in the past thinking about having a tryst with you."

"Ah," I replied tucking my hands in each pocket of my trousers because I didn't trust them at the moment to do something stupid...something like pulling this woman in my arms and...nope, I would not entertain such thoughts right now forcing myself to focus on the main issue here. "But that's the problem, isn't it? We both know that's more than a tryst, Amy." I moved closer to where she was standing and whispered. "I am your first lover. I believe we were happy at that time until you vanished from the face of the earth without saying anything to me."