CHAPTER 24

Amethyst St. Clair's POV

"I have a question."

"You want another round?" He suggested evilly. I glared at him darkly when I saw the smug look on his face.

Here I was, trapped in his bed fully naked when I should be supposed to prepare for the party he was throwing to formally introduce Max to the Italian society which I still think was not the right time.

I swatted his hand when it started traveling under the sheets. "Stop that." I retorted sternly. "We don't have enough time for that. We only have a few hours before the party starts."

"How can we be late for our party?" He asked maddeningly, running his finger seductively on my arm this time.

"I'm serious." It's been a week since I surrendered to the temptation and fell back into his bed. We compromised to try to work things out for the sake of our son by taking one step at a time. So far it's been a good week for the three of us. No more fighting so far, thank goodness.

I saw him roll his eyes and fold his arms under his head while staring at the ceiling. My eyes narrowed when he deliberately let the white sheets on his waist slip off partially showing me his shaft. This man... "What do you want to know?"

I tried to focus my attention on his face, not on his thing. This devil will not get another round with me today. I sat up from the bed and pulled up the sheets to cover my chest so we could conduct a civilized conversation. "You are prince, right?"

Franco smirked in my direction while still showing me the full glory of his well-defined abs. "Do you still doubt that? Yes, I am a prince."

"Will that make Max automatically a prince too?" I asked in confusion because this thing still bothering me since I didn't have any idea how this aristocratic rule applies to our son.

"Technically, he is a prince since he is my son but the title of a prince doesn't signify anything in modern-day Italy. Our family only retains this title because it has been passed on for generations after generations to the male heir of the Calvettis. So don't expect people to bow at me when they see me on the streets."

"But they are calling you 'Your Highness'." I reminded him because that's how they address him in his household.

He rolled his eyes again, stretching his long limbs making sure the sheets that were partially covering his manhood would finally slip off completely. "Because I am still a prince but that doesn't mean I open the parliament or do ribbon cuttings at events like the British monarch."

I covered his private part back. There's no way in hell I would let him entice me again today. He raised an eyebrow in my direction but didn't say anything. "And your mother is a princess, right?"

"Yes. She became a princess when she married my father."

"And your cousin is a duke?"

"Yes."

I frowned at him as I still didn't follow how their family tree works. "How is that possible? Your father is a prince and your uncle is a duke?"

He started to laugh while shaking his head at me. "It seems that I have not fully explained to you our connection. Lucca's mother and my mother are sisters that's how we became cousins."

"Oh, I thought the other way around," I commented after a moment. "Your mom will attend this party, right?"

"Yes," he replied. His eyes narrowed in my direction after seeing my expression. "What's with the face?"

I gave a shaky laugh, tucking some strands of hair at the back of my ear. "I don't know why I am being silly with the whole thing but..."

He also sat up from the bed. "Don't tell me you're scared of meeting my mother?"