CHAPTER 14

Franco Calvetti's POV

"Who the hell is Massimo St. Clair?" I demanded angrily. Her pretty green eyes widened in my direction as she paled considerably that's the only confirmation I am looking for from her. "I have a son?"

"I—I..." She seemed lost for words as the color on her face also left her. "W- What are you talking about?"

"Don't you dare spin another set of lies on me, woman?" I threatened her darkly. Right now, the pain in my chest was unbearable I only barely manage to breathe to sustain the life in me. "Answer me!"

She gasped at me, placing her shaking hands in her mouth. "H-How...where did get that information?"

I wanted to strangle her neck with my bare hands at this moment but I held myself in check. I tossed the report from the private investigator in her bed. "I challenge you to deny it, Amethyst. Go ahead!"

She carefully picked it up and scanned the content. I couldn't miss the way her pretty green eyes went wide after reading the last part. "You have me investigated?" She demanded angrily but I am not having any of her temperament right now when I barely have any control over my patience now.

"It's the only thing I can do since you don't want to open up to me and you're so damn secretive that's why I did this."

"You have no right...!" She started finally recovering from her shock.

I took the distance that separated us until I was standing inches away from her. I make sure that she can see the fury on my face as I grip her upper arm. "You are the one who doesn't have the right to keep me in the dark about the existence of my son!"

She tried to remove my hand that was gripping her arm but I was not having any of it until I learned her reason for being such a cold-hearted woman. "I did the right thing back then." There was also anger on her face that was directed at me. "I thought you were engaged to be married when I found out that I was pregnant. The last thing I want is to come back to your life with baby news."

I stared at her in disbelief. "Even if I was engaged back then it was more preferable if you told me that you are pregnant than hiding it from me!"

"I thought I was doing you a favor back then." She reasoned out angrily. "You don't have to know about the illegitimate son I borne since you will have legitimate children of your own."

"Do you know how callous you sound right now?" I asked her irritably as I started pacing the room like a caged beast. I don't know how to process this revelation. "You kept me in the dark about his existence even after you learned that I was not engaged back then. You're acting as if you don't want to inform me about our son. Oh wait, maybe you plan this very well and have your revenge on me."

"I didn't." She insisted with raw emotion on her face. I noticed that she crossed her arms in the middle of her stomach as if in her very own protection. "I am not planning to tell you about him at all."

"Why?" I asked in a voice that I wasn't sure if it was mine. When she left all without notice in Lake Como back then feels like my heart had been ripped out of my chest this revelation that she didn't have any plan of telling me about our son felt like my heart had been shattered a million times by the same woman.

She looked at me for a moment before avoiding my gaze again. "I think it's better that way, don't you think?"

"A fucking no!" I shouted fumingly. I raked my fingers on my hair but I couldn't feel any pain from my nails. "How can you do this to us? Our son and I deserve to know each other."

"I know but..."

"There are no buts, Amy!"

She cringed as she closed her eyes. I could see that she was shaken by this. But this was not the right time to feel sympathetic toward her after she admitted that she had no plans of telling me about our son ever.