CHAPTER 7

Amethyst St. Clair's POV

"Amy, right?"

I looked up at the handsome man who was just speaking. I gave a faint smile at him as he waited for me to deny or acknowledge his assumption about me. Finally, I gave him the answer he needed. "Yes. And you are?"

He extended his hand in my direction there was a pleasant smile on his face. "Dario. I am Franco's best friend."

"Oh," I just managed to say while shaking his hand briefly and continued to sketch in my notebook here in the coffee shop where Franco and I usually meet.

"Franco instructed me to keep you company while you wait for him." He stated, taking the offered chair across to me on the table lineup on the streets.

"Where is he?" I asked briefly, looking up for a moment from the sketch pad in my hand sparing him a glance.

There was a private smile on his face. "He's somewhat occupied at the moment and he tells me he will be late for your coffee date."

"I see." I nodded in his direction before paying attention back to my drawings. We just stayed in silence after that since I was surprised to meet Franco's best friend here.

Two more weeks had passed since I lost my virginity to Franco and we adopted this new setup of spending the day in his bed after our coffee date almost every day since the first time I drew a portrait of him.

Maybe I could say that our relationship leveled up somehow but I didn't exactly know how to label our relationship right now.

Just like this moment, I was stunned to see his best friend here. For four weeks, he didn't bother to introduce his good friend to me. But could I blame him? Even if we were on rendezvous talking about everything except our family. I did the same with him since I never told him about my family too.

"So how long do you know Franco?" This man named Dario dragged me out of my reverie.

I looked up at him again to find him staring at me with curiosity in his dark eyes way different from Franco's warm light brown eyes. This guy's eyes were cold and distant, unsmiling the way I should put it.

"Four weeks, I guess," I answered briefly, sipping my customized drink.

I could see that he was searching for my face studying me intently. "He didn't say anything to you about me or his family?"

I looked at him for a moment before shaking my head. "We don't usually talk about personal matters such as family when we meet."

"I see."

There was something about him that made me think that this conversation took a different turn than merely babysitting me while waiting for Franco to show up.

"Is there something you want to say to me?" I asked after a moment.

He shot me a look of amusement. "What makes you say that?"

I shrugged nonchalantly. "I don't know maybe because you are giving me this vibe that you want to say something to me."

His lips curved with a smile. "I don't know you are this perceptive. Franco didn't tell me."

I just raised an eyebrow in his direction and didn't say anything. There was a part of me that thinks that he was harboring a secret from me about Franco and it irks me to think that I am getting curious at the moment. "What is it?"

He looked at me for a long moment as if judging if he should tell or not. Finally, he took a deep breath and shook his dark head. "Oh, well...Franco might kill me for this but I cannot lie to a beautiful woman like you. Come with me I want to show you something."