CHAPTER 29

Amethyst St. Clair's POV

I didn't sleep a wink last night...and no, it's not about Franco. Nothing happened last night. My lack of sleep has something to do with Chiara. I honestly don't know how to feel about the whole thing.

Even if, Franco had been telling me that it wasn't our fault that Chiara nearly took her own life because she couldn't accept that Franco would never be hers. There was still part of me that somehow felt guilty about the whole thing.

I tried to enjoy my coffee on the terrace with Max while he was busy sketching on his notepad. Franco left moments ago because he had a meeting in the city and he would not be back until lunchtime I guess.

I looked at my son with a slight smile on my face. "Do you like it here, baby?"

His light brown eyes lifted from his drawings and stared at me with concentration. "Yes, Mommy."

"You will not miss New York if we live here with Daddy for example?" I asked casually. I am trying to gauge his reaction since he was still my number one priority. His happiness is everything to me.

"Hmm...?" He thought for a moment before answering me with a grin on his face. "I will miss it, of course. I will miss Becky and teacher Shelly. But I think it's also fun to live here with Daddy."

My eyes narrowed at him instantly upon mentioning again his part-time babysitter and his preschool teacher which he claims he has a crush on two. Seriously, I feared for the time that he was old enough to date. He might be worse than his father and that scares the hell out of me.

"What about Granddad and the rest?" I inquired nonchalantly, banishing the scary thoughts out of my head. "You will not miss them?"

He shook his dark head. "I don't think so." He said after a moment. "Since I am always chatting with Granddad on the phone."

That made me sit straight on my chair. Why I didn't know anything about this? I asked myself silently. But I was more curious about what would they talk about knowing that I didn't have any idea about this conversation between the two. "You are talking with Granddad over the phone, Max?"

"Yes!"

My heart suddenly thundered over my chest. I hope he's not telling Daniel unnecessary information. "Why I didn't know anything about this? Since when did you start chatting with him?"

"The next day after we arrive." He answered innocently.

Jesus...I thought helplessly. I swallowed hard forcing myself to remain calm despite the uneasiness that crept to my spine since learning about this. "How often do you talk to him, darling?"

"Everyday."

Oh, fuc...I curse nearly escapes my lips. I could almost feel that Daniel knew everything that was happening here in Italy. He has a little mole in here. Reporting everything on him without even Max realizing it. I let my guard down for a moment and this happened now it's only a matter of time before he would learn about Franco's marriage proposal and then...

And then, Emerald would kill me if she learned about this. I promised her not so long ago that I would not fall for Daniel's sly manipulation. Well, I didn't fall into his trap I jumped right through it.

I could almost feel Ruby and Sapphire laughing their asses off from New York and Greece with this improvement...

"Are you okay, Mommy?"

"Of course, baby," I said with a smile on my face as I pinched his cheeks playfully.

*****

Later that morning, I was in my room doing some work. The design department e-mailed me some of the most demanding clients of St. Clair Diamonds they want me to design their custom-made jewelry even if the company informed them that I was on leave.