Chapter 5

"I'm afraid the boys will have detentions for only a week." Said the Principal.

"It's okay. My Vic could rest." Said Mrs. Fuentes

"I guess, Kellin deserved the punishment." Mrs. Quinn agreed.

"You'll be having the day off." Said the Principal.

Kellin mumbled under his breath. Vic was having that 'no emotion' expression on his visage.

The women bade goodbye to the Principal. Vic and Kellin found out that Hilda and Elle were best friends. They were neighbors when the kids were young but Mrs. Fuentes transferred to another town, far from the town where the Quinn's residence is located.

Kellin's mom drove Kellin, and so does Mrs. Fuentes with Vic. The two women ought to have a short reunion. They found out they were living in the same town and they were neighbors.
Destiny? Fate? Coincidence? Named it.

Kellin was feeling very awkward towards Vic. He was sort of guilty. Kellin didn't throw Vic a look since from the office. He was avoiding Vic's glance inconspicuously.

The women decided to held the little celebration in Mrs. Quinn residence.

The two women parked their cars on the garage, since it was spacious. They go to the kitchen since Mrs. Quinn already did went shopping. They prepared the food together in the Kitchen leaving Vic and Kellin alone in the living room.

Kellin would want to go to his room to change. But Vic was there with him. The air was making Kellin choked. It was only 9:00 am in the morning and the sun was hanging low but Kellin felt cold.

"Gotta go." Said Kellin, trying not to stutter. And leave Vic alone in the leaving room. Kellin was quite having this 'relief' sensation unto him since he got away from Vic. Kellin changed on his short and A random grey shirt. Kellin looked himself in the mirror. He was lifeless. Unhappy. Guilty at the same time.

He was there inside his room till 11:30 when Mrs. Quinn voice echoed upstairs. "Lunch is ready!" She yelled.

And with last glance on the mirror, Kellin left his room and went downstairs. Vic was off from the leaving room and heading towards the dining room. And Kellin, too, was heading there.

Mrs. Quinn and Mrs. Fuentes were chit chatting about random stuffs when the boys arrive. They settled themselves beside their mothers.

"What took you two so long?" Asked Mrs. Fuentes. The boys didn't answer and still Kellin did not make an eye to eye contact with Vic.

"Oh well. Let's eat." Said Mrs. Quinn. The prayer before meal was cited and they all help themselves with the food.

Vic didn't eat anything. His mother stood up and went to the Kitchen. She came back with a bowl of----- porridge?

"Here. It's good and warm." Said Mrs. Fuentes and sated down beside Vic.

"I see, Vic's on a soft diet." Said Mrs. Quinn

"Yeah. He's on recovery. Well, his always on a soft diet. He have to, he have a disorder." Said Mrs. Fuentes sadly. Vic looked at his mother and felt embarrassed.

"You can have a fish fillet, Vic. It's soft." Suggested Mrs. Quinn. Vic got one and started eating. Kellin glanced at him, and he was feeling guilty even more.

Vic noticed Kellin and glanced at him but Kellin turned his gaze on his spoon.

"What's he recovering from, Hilda?" Asked Mrs. Quinn.

"Crazy but my son accidentally stabbed himself on his culinary class. It was a week ago." Said Mrs. Fuentes.

"Accidentally?!! asked Kellin. He thought it was insane. Who would believe it.

"Yeah." Said Mrs. Fuentes.

Kellin looked at Vic and Vic glared at him. His eyes were pleading to shut up, Kellin did shut his mouth.