Chapter 10

Vic turned to Kellin who was sitting on the couch on his room.

"You can laugh anytime you want." Said Vic in his kinda boring voice. Kellin raised his left eyebrow and said.

"Sorry but I'm no fan of humour, to be honest." Said Kellin truthfully.

"And i thought you're going to laugh." Vic mumbled.

"Thanks for patching this up." Vic added referring to his wrist.

"You're welcome?" Said Kellin feeling a bit uncertain. How come he would say thank you when Kellin nearly killed him. Vic was a kinder man, he thought he could be. He was not pathetic. There was an awkward silence.

"Yeah look, I'm sorry for what I did." Said Kellin, breaking the silence.

"It's all right. I did survived" said Vic and chuckled. But Kellin did not find it funny.

Kellin relaxed his shoulder on the couch for a moment and then he remembered his bag. He should probably go to the guest room now. Kellin stood up and picked his bag.

"I gotta go." Said Kellin and turned around, heading towards the doorway.

"Where are you going?" said Vic. Kellin was taken aback in the moment.

"Guest Room." Said Kellin sheepishly.

"I thought we were sharing a room together?" Asked Vic

"I think you need some serious rest, Vic.  I'm one room away if you need help." Said Kellin.

Vic was surprised when Kellin said his named, 'Vic'. It was really nice to hear it from Kellin.

"Okay." Said Vic. And Kellin went to the guest room. Kellin spent the afternoon playing Games on his phone. It was nearly dinner when Mrs. Fuentes called Kellin.

Kellin opened the door and at the same time, Vic did. They headed towards the dining room together. And none of them talked.

They sated across each other and Mrs. Fuentes was on the center chair.

"How are you feeling, Victor?" Asked Mrs. Fuentes, handing Vic his porridge.

"Fine, mom." Vic responded and eat up.

"Kelly, was Vic giving you a hard time?"  Asked Mrs. Fuentes. Hilda must have misunderstood. Vic and Kellin weren't sharing a room together.

"I'm on the guest room, Mrs. Fue--, I mean Mama. Hey, can I call you 'ma' instead of 'mama' it's a bit too long." Asked Kellin.

"Of course Kelly dear." Said Mrs. Fuentes. And Kellin and Mrs. Fuentes were chit chatting about California and Vic.

"I think, I'm going to hire someone to assist Vic on his medications. He needs it and I want him to survive." Said Mrs. Fuentes.

"Mom. I can take it myself." Replied Vic.

"Well, Kelly, do you happen to know someone who could help." Asked Mrs. Fuentes, ignoring Vic's comment.

"Well. I don't really know someone apart from the two of you here in Britain." Said Kellin and he thought for a moment.

"See, mom. I told you, I can handle myself." Said Vic.

"But I think I can do it, Ma. It'll be just reminding him to take his medicine, right?" Kellin suggested and Vic was shock, his mouth fell agape for a second and closed it, Vic stared at Kellin like Kellin said something insane.

"Great. I could pay weekly if that's alright." Said Mrs. Fuentes.

"No need to. Vic and I were friends right. Besides, were mates and I do think that were having the same class schedule. I could keep an eye on him." And Kellin looked at Vic in the eye. Vic stared at him.

"And I think I should cope up with what's happening in his life. That would mean a lot." Said Kellin and smiled at Vic.

Kellin mean it. He wants to cope up with Vic. And he would like to make amends. For saving the friendship, cheers!