Chapter 13

|Playing: Fall for you by Secondhand Serenade.|

It was seven o'clock on the evening. The ball started. Everyone was in the dance floor, dancing with their partners.

Kellin and Vic were still in the corner. Kellin sang with the song in his breath.

"But hold your breath. Because tonight will be the night..." Kellin sang.

Vic was tapping his hand on his lap with the beat. The music does get to Vic. "Fall for you,.. over again..." The lyrics was saying something.

Even though he was just a child, Vic already knew that there was something a bit odd about him. He was happy with Kellin every time they would play by the coast in San Diego when they were four or five. Their mothers were watching them, and there was no trouble at all.

But it isn't just friendship he wants with Kellin. It was friendship and the other way around. In his young state of mind, he wanted Kellin to be with him till they were old.

Vic didn't knew he was gay at all, on those times. He knew he was one when he was in Puberty. He haven't felt affection towards girls. There were pretty girls in San Diego but he doesn't like any one of them in a romantic way. He just like them as friends.

He told his mother about it and to his surprise, His mother already knew. She was his mother after all, she accepted him. It doesn't matter to her if Vic was gay or straight. He was her son and she love him immeasurably.

Of course, Vic always thought about his childhood friend. But he did not remember his name.
He only got the picture of them together when they were a baby. Vic and his friend shared a crib. And it was confirmed,it was really Kellin. His childhood friend's eyes were like Kellin and Vic was getting dreams about his friend every night.

But it stopped after Vic was stabbed. He gets dreams with Kellin with his bloody knife. It was a nightmare actually. That's why Vic ignored Kellin at first. But now they've became friends and he was that friend, Vic will never ignored Kellin again, or sometimes if his embarrassed.

The song ended and another song played next.
//Paramore-- the Only Exception.

Kellin was watching the crowd. Good thing he was happy with Vic, if he's not then he would not hesitate to go Home. Kellin hated attention and also crowded places.

But tonight was an exception. Kellin blinked twice when he thought he saw someone. He was not that far away from them. He was wearing also a black suit. He was tall and hunky and he got this conspicuous scar on his face. Kellin sharpen his eye sight. Confirmed! It was Alex Gaskarth. What was he doing here in Britain?

Kellin felt like he was hit by a lightning and there was a loud thunderclap in the background but there was not. It made sense. Vic is still alive. Meaning he failed. Mission failed for Kellin. Peter McNaire would be mad at him. Kellin was out of the gang now, Peter would thought he betrayed them.

Alex Gaskarth was like looking for something in the crowd or rather someone. He was holding a glass of champagne. Before Alex could turn to Vic and Kellin's direction. Kellin pulled Vic by the hand and run. Vic was running along behind Kellin.

"Kells, where are we going?" Asked Vic.

Kellin hesitated to answer at first. Where were they going? Kellin thought it is best to stay on their respective homes. It's the safest place rather here.

"We are going home." Answered Kellin.

"But why? It's still early and---" Vic muttered.

"Can you just shut up for a moment!" Kellin yelled out of frustration. Vic was taken aback. After all, Vic was oblivious about what was going on. Kellin realized what he have done.

"Oh no." Kellin muttered under his breath.

"Look. I'm sorry. We just have to get away." Said Kellin trying to be calm.

"K." Vic mumbled in a boring kinda tone. Vic looked down. Kellin raised his eyebrow and also look down. He didn't realized it. He was holding Vic's hand. They were holding hands.

---