Chapter 10

We arrived at the ball a little after. Bela gave her invitation at the door.

"She's your daughter?" The guard asked and looked at me.

"Stepdaughter actually." Bela clarified and we were granted access.

I walked beside Dean, when Bela looked angrily at him.

"Are you chewing gum?" She asked. He just shrugged. "Try and act like you have been here before."

He walked over to a water thingy in the middle of the room and placed it under there.

"This is gonna be a long evening." I muttered to myself and exhaled deeply.

As soon as we walked into the other room, we went up to get some drinks. I took a glass too, when Dean stopped me.

"You are not drinking Champagne." He took the glass from me and put it back. "Can she have a glass of water please?" He asked the waiter, who went out to fetch me some.

"Why did you do that?" I groaned.

"Because you are 15, and it is illegal for you to drink." He answered sternly.

"Whatever." I muttered and took my glass, as it arrived.

That was when I made eye contact with Sam. He looked at me with a pleading look in his eyes. I couldn't help my laugh cause his date was an old lady. He said something to her, and they started walking over to me.

"Hi, Sam" I said still chuckling slightly. He just gave me a death stare.

"Hello " Sam's date said kindly and put her hand forward. "What's your name, young lady?"

"Leona." I shook her hand. "And you?"

"Gert Case." She smiled. "So how do you know Sam here?"

"He is my uncle." I quickly said earning a shocked glare from Sam. That was, when Dean and Bela came over.

"Hi, Gert." Bela smiled and Dean gave her a nod.

"Would you have us excused for a moment?" Sam said and motioned for Dean and I to follow.

"Uncle, really?" Sam sighed.

"Well we told the guard at the front that Bela was my stepmom, so Dean being my dad it made sense." I defended.

"You do realize usually Sam and I don't pose as brothers right?" Dean stated.

"Sorry I panicked." I threw my hands up in defense. "Besides it's only Gert, who knows."

"Anyway, did you find out where the hand is?" Sam asked.

"We think it's upstairs, but it's guarded." Dean answered.

"I am not staying with Miss Case for much longer." Sam stated angrily.

"Come on, you looked adorable together." I chuckled, earning a bitch face.

"Sam, you can get back to your date, and we will handle it." Dean said as Bela approached. "Come on, and don't be too touchy." He chuckled with another bitch face from Sam.

"Okay, so how do we get by them?" I asked as I looked at the guards.

"Well sneaking by is not gonna work." Dean answered. "Look at the way they are standing. Military."

"Faint." Bela whispered.

"What?!" I whisper-shouted.

"Pretend to faint. Now!" I did as she said.

"Wow, Dean!" She caught me.

"Crap." Dean went over and took me from Bela. "Leona, wake up!" He shook me and blinked one eye at him. He seemed to get, what I meant.