Chapter 20

"I am gonna go out and get some snacks." Dean walked out the door of the motel room.

"I have to go and talk to my brother." I started walking, before Sam stopped me.

"Are you sure, it is a good idea?" He asked concerned.

"Of course." I looked up at him with a questionable look. "Why wouldn't it be?"

"I mean, he is still far away and-" Sam trailed off. "I don't want you to get hurt like last time."

"Don't worry I won't. I only got tired last time." I smiled at the nice concern for once. "I appreciate the concern, but I think I will be fine."

"Okay." He smiled. "Have a nice talk then."

"Thanks." I grinned and walked out the door.

There was a forest close by, which I decided would be fitting for my purpose. I knelt down and put my hand on the ground.

"Varga?" I said, waiting for an answer.

"Leona." He came through on the other end. "Is something wrong? Are you hurt?" Oh yeah, the frantic overprotective brother mode. Welcome back to you. It has been a while.

"No, I am not." I chuckled. "I just wanted to check in and see how you are doing."

"It's not exactly difficult to hear, you have been around humans a lot." He snickered. "But I am doing good. The pack is doing good as well, although they miss you. Especially Gwen and Gadwick."

"I figured." My heart ached for seeing those two again. "You can keep taps on them or what?"

"It has been a struggle, since no one knows their hiding spots quite like you." He chuckled.

"I can imagine." I snickered. Gwen and Gadwick loved playing Hide and Seek. It really just to hide in general. Having looked after them for years though, I knew most of their hiding spots.

"How are you doing?" Varga asked in return.

"Honestly," I smiled knowing he couldn't see it. "Quite well. Sam and Dean are very nice and takes good care of me."

"You are still hunting?" You could easily hear the disapproval in his voice.

"Yes, we are." I sighed. "We actually just finished up a hunt with two pagan gods."

"Really?" He chuckled.

"Yeah they kept eating people, so we had to stop them." I snickered. Even though there was nothing fun about people dying, it was always a little fun, when you have to deal with pagan gods.

"Yeah, I see why."

"Also I used some of all of the things, Carrie taught us. You know identifying herbs and such?" My voice was filling pride but also a little tease. "You know the lessons you barely listened to?"

"I might vaguely remember those." He sounded a little guilty. "That helped you then?"

"Yeah, they were making these things with meadowsweet and vervain in them, and I noticed it." I smiled.

"Well done, sis." You could practically hear his smile.

"Thanks." Then I remembered what I wanted to ask him about. "Varga, could you do me a favor?"

"Depends." He answered. "What is it?"

"Could you ask Carrie, if she knows anyway, you can free someone of their deal, if they have sold their soul?" I asked with caution.

"Leona, what have you done?" His voice was serious and dark all of the sudden.

"Nothing." I quickly defended. "It's Dean." I sighed. "Back in May, Sam died and Dean couldn't live with him dead, so he sold his soul, and now he only has until May, before he goes to hell."