Chapter 14

I walked out after my little breakdown to see Sam and Dean sitting on the couch and sharpening their machetes.

"Hey, are you okay?" Sam asked referring no doubt to my tearstained face.

"I'm fine." I quickly said wiping my face. I had heard Dean tell Sam the whole story. Of course, he had asked me first, if it was okay, and not wanting to tell it again, I gave him permission.

"Good, cause we have one stubborn ass vampire hunter to gank." Dean said with a hidden seriousness to it. "Or are you against that, Sammy?"

"No, I am with you." Sam said surprising me.

"Really just like that?" Dean asked surprised. "I thought you would be like, no we can't, he is human." Only finding the last part slightly offensive.

"He is not gonna stop before we are dead, or he is."

"That bitch." Suddenly, Dean realized something and picked up his phone.

"Bela?" He started angrily.

I chose to tune out the conversation and instead focusing on sharpening my machete. I didn't care, what Dean said. I wanted to do this hunt, and he sure as hell could keep me from doing so. The anger and guilt from my parents' death had resurfaced after telling Dean the story, and I had to deal with it the only way I knew how to.

"Bela, if we make it out of here, I swear I will kill you." I heard Dean say.

A small pause was there before he answered with: "Listen to my voice and tell me if I am serious."

We continued sharpening our machetes and getting ready as Dean hung up the phone. That was before his phone rang once more.

"What?" Dean yelled with a rage that didn't leave room for confusion as to who he was talking to. Bela.

I didn't want to listen to Bela not after she sold us out like that.

"You are a hundred miles away, how did yo-"
He was cut off.

"And?" - "thanks." He looked puzzled at his phone as the call ended.

"The spirits of the people, Gordon killed, have a message for us." Dean said catching my attention once again. "Leave town, run like hell, and whatever you do, don't go after Gordon."

"Comforting but we gotta put that sucker down." I said and tested if the machete was sharp enough.

"You aren't going." Dean stated sternly.

"Yes, I am, and you are not stopping me." I stated clearly leaving no room for discussion.

"Okay, so we should probably find Dixon first, since Gordon would have gone after him." Sam sighed.

"So, find the alpha and then the nest." I said coldly.

"Bela said, he was at a warehouse in town, so let's go and find it." Dean grabbed the keys and his machete. He knew, he couldn't talk me out of it.

We drove for a little while, before we found the warehouse, Bela or the spirits had talked about. Right as I got out of the car, I could smell the foul smell of blood.

"There is definitely blood here." I whispered as we made our way to the entrance. We snuck inside the building to find a vampire cradled on the floor next to two female bodies with their heads chopped off.

"He is the vampire." I assured them. "I can smell him."

"And I, you." He said in a sad voice and looked at me. "Hunting your own kind. What a hypocrite."