3

gulf was sitting weakly on the floor next to the toilet, puking his guts out. he feels like his throat was on fire and his stomach felt really soft to touch. gulf didn't know what was happening to him. was he getting an indigestion?

without second thoughts, he called mild for help. 

picking up the phone, he dialled mild's number, within a couple of rings. he picked up the phone. 

"gulf! it's been long since you've called me, what's up?"

"m-mild.." he whispered before running into the bathroom to puke again.

"gulf! are you alright?"

"i'm n-not feeling t-that w-ell."

"i'm coming over." with that, mild had ended the call, running to the pharmacy to get all kinds of medication for his best friend. "shit, how would i know what kind of medications to get?"

"do you need any help?" the girl at the countered asked mild.

"ehm, well, my friend feels sick. i did hear him puke though."

"okay then i'll get you some medications for that, please wait a moment."

"thank you."

gulf on the other hand was lying on the bed, with a bucket next to him. he felt as if all energy had drained the life out of him. how can this happen to him? he was having the perfect day. this fucking ruins everything, luckily p'mew's not here to see my state, he thought.

mild then entered gulf's condo and ran to his side, pressing his palm against gulf's forehead. 

"shit, you're running a fever, gulf!" mild exclaimed worriedly as he placed the bag filled with medications on the table side before running into the kitchen to cook something light for the sick gulf.

"here," mild handed gulf a bowl of porridge. "at least take a few bites so you can eat the meds."

gulf gave him a weak nod before eating a few spoonfuls. he then gave mild a signal that he was done then mild proceed to hand gulf the meds with a glass of water. 

"so, why are you sick all of a sudden?" mild questioned as he took a seat next to gulf, after cleaning up the kitchen. 

"i had dinner outside, i guess i ate something bad.." 

"at least you didn't consume any seafood, especially prawns."

"yeah, that would've been bad." gulf laughed a little then his phone started to ring.

"who's that?" 

"i don't know, it's your contact. it stated 'boo' ."

gulf blushed and mild quickly handed him his phone for gulf to answer.

"bii krub, i just wanna say thank you."

"what for?"

"for tonight."

"i should be the one to thank you, boo."

"oh, and do you feel sick or anything?"

gulf face turned even more pale when mew asked.

"u-uhm why?"

"it's cause i puked a little just now and i got worried if we both had eaten anything bad since we had the same meal earlier."

gulf gave a sigh of relieve before smiling. "yeah, i puked too. a couple of times actually but my friend is here to take care of me."

"friend?" mew's voice darkened. "what friend?"

"uhm, my best friend, p! we've known each other since we were in kindergarden."

"i guess i'm not your number one choice, huh?"

"what do you mean?"

"when you were sick earlier, you chose to call him instead of me, to take care of you. i wonder, gulf. who's your boyfriend, really? is it even me?"

"y-yes, p! you're my boyfriend."

"don't lie to me, gulf. if i'm really your boyfriend, you would've called me, to ask me to take care of you! not some kind of best friend."

"p'mew.."

"nevermind, gulf. rest well, make sure he can take better care of you than i would've, okay? good night." 

gulf was teary again, why didn't he call mew? 

"er, gulf? you have a boyfriend?"

gulf raised his head and shook his head, tears already falling. "i'm not too sure anymore, mild. maybe he had broken up with me."

mild gave him a shoulder pat, asking him to not overthink the situation. "maybe he's just jealous?"

"or maybe i was being a bad boyfriend. maybe i should've called him."

"then why didn't you?"

"because whenever i was sick, you have always been the one to take care of me. you came across my mind so i called. now i feel bad because he was right, he wasn't my first choice to call." gulf cried silently that night on his best friend's shoulder.