4

gulf picked up his phone as his finger was hovering over mew's number, heart beat increasing rapidly at the thought of calling his boyfriend. 

what do i say? how do i even start? will he answer?

several questions popped into his head as he starts to get anxious at the thought of mew ignoring him or possibly blocking his number. fuck it, he thought as he finally pressed the contact.

after a few rings, mew answered, to his surprise.

"....gulf?" mew's husky voice spoke as gulf starts to get nervous, sweating a little. "are you there?"

"y-yes, p'mew." gulf whispered, holding back his tears. "p'mew, i'm sorry for being an awful boyfriend."

mew's line was dead silent, is he there?

"p'mew?"

"sorry, yes i'm here. you don't have to be sorry, gulf." mew spoke, not knowing the aching feeling in gulf's heart. he no longer calls me 'bii'

"i don't blame you at all, i know your best friend means a lot to you and i'm sorry for not being good enough for you, you do know that i love you..right?" 

"p'mew.." gulf whimpered. "do you still love me? for real?"

mew sighed, "i've never stopped. jealousy got the best of me, i was overreacting, i'm sorry, baby. will you forgive me?"

gulf cried happy tears, he didn't deserve mew after all he had done. all gulf did was hurt mew's feelings as that's what he thinks. 

"i'll forgive you if you forgive me, boo." he paused for a moment, "i really don't deserve you."

"nonsense!" mew shouted, startling the younger boy. "it's you who i don't deserve. gulf, baby. come to my house right now."

"i'll be there, what's your address?"

"i'll send you through text, see you soon baby. i love you."

"i love you too." 

with that, gulf hanged up the call as he went to take a shower before meeting his beloved. while showering, gulf stared into space most of the time, thoughts consumed him.

he really is kind. he's so good to me, he never holds grudges against me. i should be better for him.

i must be better.

gulf finally was done getting ready as he made his way to mew's home, with light steps, he knocked on the door with a thumping heart. mew opened the door with the most beautiful smile as he welcomes the younger into his home.

"hey.." mew kissed gulf's temple and gave him a tight hug. "i've missed you so much, i've missed not touching you." 

gulf blushed a light pink and gave mew a sweet kiss, "it's me who misses you this whole time. i bet you've been super mad at me for the past few days, huh?" gulf grinned, feeling cheeky.

"baby, you know i can never stay mad at you for long. i was upset for a while and regretted it but i assumed you didn't want to talk to me after i showed you my unpleasant attitude." 

"p'mew! there's no way i wouldn't want to talk to you, no way!" gulf exclaimed with wide eyes. "i want to talk to you always! you have no idea p'mew, how torturing it was for me to think about what you said, how at that moment i thought you had dumped me because i was stupid. you don't know how much i actually love you, p'mew."

mew felt his heart beat accelerate, no one has ever given me such a bold and sincere confession.

mew then cleared his throat. "what's so good about me anyways? you'll regret ever loving me, you know?"

gulf shook his head sternly. "i will never regret. since the day i was born, all decisions made by me have never let me down, including my decision to be with you, to love you. what's so good about you, you ask? let me tell you, p'mew, you're so kind and sweet, you're always considerate to other people and i love how expressive your eyes are. no, i do not love you for your face, i love you because you're you."

"gulf.."

"i'm not done, p'mew. you may not think you're good enough for the people you surround yourself with but let me tell you, you're more than good enough, you may not think that you're perfect but p'mew, no one is. now let me ask you, do you love me for the way i look?"

mew stared at gulf's face for a second before answering, "i do."

"what else do you like about me, then?"

mew hesitated for a moment, "i like that you feel different, i like how sincere you are towards me, i like how straightforward you are, how bold you are." mew then held onto gulf's baby hands and gave him a loving gaze. "i know you're different after my interaction with you. i know you're different from all of my exes. you said no one's perfect, but you are in my eyes."

"gulf, you said you love all of me, correct?" 

"yes, with all my heart and existence."

"what will you do if i ended up hurting you, but it's for the good of our relationship?"

"you said for our relationship, i'll still stay here by your side, continue to shower you with praises. nothing you can do to make me leave, ever."

"what if i played a game with you right now and you got scared?"

gulf scratched his head with one eyebrow raised. "what kind of game?"

"you'll see." mew smirked devilishly as he led gulf to his bedroom upstairs.