Chapter 6

I hopped out of the van and all of us came across a rectangular sign. It read: you each will have 2 backpacks per team and using the arrows on the posters you have to find the camp. The teachers wont be helping you. So this means that we would meet the rest of my class there, this will so funny even though i hate walking. Strange looking backpacks had to be carried around and they seemed to look light so we decided that anyone can take it and we shall give it to two people until they get tired. Our first two carriers were me and Freddie.

I put the backpack straps over my shoulders and began walking. Man, these were heavier than i thought. But, i didn't want to just hand the backpack to a boy, girls were strong too! Backing down is the last thing I'm going to do. We walked up to the first sign post which had a big and bold right arrow printed onto the paper. The direction of the arrow was the way we started walking.

"We've been walking for 10 minutes!" I moaned, I'm really tired.
"Where is this bloody second arrow then?" Freddie asked, a slightly pissed off expression fell upon his face.
"Maybe that's it over there!" Mason shouted, he was pointing a sign.
"I say we go look." I said, stating the obvious.
"You don't say we should!" Megan said, i could hear the sarcasm in her voice.

We walked up to the sign and there was a straight arrow, it had a piece of paper taped to it. Alfie picked up the paper and started reading.

"Students this is the last arrow but straight up isn't as easy as it sounds. You will come across a puzzle in which you will have to use the objects in your backpack to complete it. Complete the puzzle successfully and this will lead you to camp. There are two puzzles you must complete. Proceed."

"Oh no, I'm bad at puzzles but firstly lets look in this damn back pack" Freddie said, while opening the back pack.
"An apple? Seriously what puzzle can you solve with this?" I asked.
"I don't even know, what other object or objects is there?" Alfie asked.
"A pen and pencil." Freddie stated.
"Wait if the object we need to complete the puzzle is in your backpack then what is in mine?" I asked, un hooking the back pack from my shoulder.
"A one litre water bottle just incase we get thirsty?" Alfie questioned.
"I guess so." I answered.

I started to feel really dizzy and sick, hardly anyone noticed. Everything was going quiet. This backpack is actually quite heavy. What is that beeping sound?

5 minutes later

I opened my eyes, just to see my friends standing around me. What was going on, did i actually just faint. This is a good way to show boys that girls are strong too! Why do i even bother? I sighed. My eyes adjusted to the light. Realising i was still laying in the floor, i sat up, rubbing my head. Alfie and Megan's hand was offered to me to help me up. On this occasion, i took it. I drank some of the water and we were off.

We finally found the puzzle! But there was nothing but a box and a piece of paper. Hmm. I picked up the paper and it read.

"Students, many teachers want me. Goody two shoes give me. What am i?" I read.
"I say its the apple." Ellie said, and we all agreed.
"Theres a small piece of paper in each of the boxes? Maybe whatever answer we chose was the right direction. I hope anyway." Mason stated.
"Straight up is where your camp awaits! Walking aprox: 7mins." I read aloud from the paper.
"Seven more minutes guys until we can sit in our tents for a while and rest!" Megan cheered.
"Finally!" We all shouted.

My feet ache. According to Masons watch, we've been walking for 6minutes now, that means we are almost there. Wait a second...i can see a gigantic sign in the distance. Were here finally!

"Congratulations students, please choose a partner to share a tent with please you will have row 2 of the tents." Mrs Farley said, greeting us.
"Natalie, your with me. I promised" He said smiling. Behind him was Megan giving me the 'way to go' stare.
"You kept your promise." I said with a big smile.
"What best friends are for" He said as he walked off to our tent. When he was walking off i walked over to Megan.
"We are all sorted then. Im with Ellie. Masons with Freddie . Your with Alfie." As she said Alfie she winked.
"At your house you said you wanted to drop hints right? This is your chance Natalie!" We both squealed and jumped up and down like little girls. I stopped jumping and sighed.
"Whats wrong?" She asked me, confused looking.
"How the hell am i supposed to drop hints exactly" I sighed.
"Okay for the first night just cuddle up to him a lot i guess. You cant really do anything in the day time because apparently we have 'tasks' to do or games to play but you have all evening and night to do this." Megan suggested.
"Megan you're the best!" I screamed, bear hugging her.
"If anything goes wrong or you need me you know what tent I'm in" that was the last thing she said as she skipped off to her tent.

I wouldn't say that our tents are in rows, id say more like they are in circles but different places i think each 'row' was quite far away from each other maybe a 4 minute walk. Mine and Alfie's tent was opposite Megan and Ellie's. Mason and Freddie's tent was opposite a box looking thing which held wood in one side and nothing in the other. Everyone tent was a pretty blue colour. The grass under our tents were nice and smooth. Maybe this camping trip isn't going to be that bad. Me and Alfie went to collect our stuff from the minivan drop off along with the others to bring back to our area. Each of our pairs went inside the tents to unpack their stuff.

I unzipped my suitcase bag thing and pulled out all of my clothing. I put my clothes to the left side of the place where i was sleeping. After, i pulled out my blanket and placed it neatly with my pillow where i was going to sleep. Alfie did the same but to the other side of the tent.

"This trip will be so funny. Two best friends sleeping beside each other, well sort of not in the same bed or anything li-" I cut him off.
"Get to the point Alfieeee." I said.
"We will do all activities together and that. Its going to be fun." He smiled. Jesus Christ, I've never seen anyone so excited to do activities before.
"Shall we head off with the others for our first activity?" I asked.
"Lets go" He responded.