⭐Chapter 30⭐

Third Person's POV

A person lied on the hospital bed, eyes sealed close and wires connected to the body. White walls decorated the room and yellow dim lights illuminated across it.

A girl sat on the chair beside the bed, grasping the person's hand whilst crying continuously, praying to Allah to makes everything alright.

To her surprise, the hand moved a bit. She immediately looked at the person's face.

"Wake up. Please wake up. Open your eyes." She begged.

The eyes of the patient slowly and steadily fluttered open. They travelled across the room, before finally settling on the crying girl.

All of a sudden, the person jerked up in a sitting position.

"What's going on?"

"Good to see you awake, Mr. Khan." The doctor came strolling in with a soft smile. "Now, I want you to tell me if you feel any part of you body painful."

Ammaar looked at the doctor, trying to make sense about this whole situation.

What was going on?

Nevertheless he answered, "the waist area is aching a little bit, other than that everything's okay." He looked down to see that there was a huge bandage around his waist which could be seen through the hospital wear.

"That's good. Thankfully, the bullet did not stay in your body so the wound is not that crucial. You did lose quite a lot of blood but there's no need to worry. We had arranged your blood type and now you're fine. Yo-"

And then it clicked.

Everything came rushing back to him giving him a whiplash.

The robbers.

The gun.

The gunshot.

Adeena.

His eyes widened.

Adeena! Adeena! Adeena!

He immediately got up.

"W..where is Adeena?! Where is she?" He shouted, running to Abirah.

Abirah was shocked at his sudden outbust but quickly composed herself.

Ammaar held her shoulders shaking them, "Abirah! Tell me! Where is she?" He asked impatiently.

With each second, his heart was falling apart. His world was crumbling down. Tears welled up in his eyes, threatening to come out.

Abirah looked at him with a painful look. She didn't know what to say. Her mouth was clamped shut.

"Why are you not saying anything?!" He yelled with anger. "Tell me where is she?! Say something!"

All different scenarios came in his mind making him lose him balance.

"Please tell me." He pleaded in broken voice.

"Mr Khan." The doctor spoke. Ammaar's head whipped to him and he marched towards him.

"Your wife, Mrs. Khan," he started. He paused taking in a sigh.

Ammaar's heartbeat accelerated to an abnormal level.

What? What is wrong? What happened to her?

Nothing can happen to her. Nothing.

"My wife what, doctor?" Ammaar pushed.

"There is a bad news and a good news." He stated.

"Good news first." He immediately replied.

If Adeena was here, she would have gone with the bad news first. He almost smiled at the thought.