⭐Chapter 28⭐

"Here," Ammaar passed me the vanilla cone after taking it from the seller. I quickly took it and immediately started to taste the heavenly flavour while he bought himself a strawberry sundae.

After paying, we went to a nearby bench which overlooked the view of the lake. The weather was cold today and the wind was chilly. The night sky had a few stars twinkling above us, while the half moon provided us a light in the darkness. Everything was peaceful.

Today in the afternoon, Ammaar had put forth the idea of going out for ice cream at night and me being me, I immediately agreed. So, here we were, looking at the beautiful view while enjoying our favourite flavors of ice cream.

"I still don't get how you like vanilla. It's so plain." Ammaar said, looking at me weirdly.

I gasped. "First of all, I don't like vanilla. I love it. And second of all, how dare you?" I scowled. "Vanilla may look plain but its taste can beat any flavour."

"I disagree." He contradicted. "It's only plain and not tasty whatsoever."

My eyes narrowed, "You people do not understand this precious flavor so you better shut up. And, you're one to talk. Strawberry tastes kind of bitter to me. Who even likes that?" I made a disgusted face.

"Strawberry flavour has a magic of its own. It's unbeatable. You should worry about your taste buds, I tell you."

I glared at him, "Do you want to die?"

His eyes widened. "No, no. I'm sorry. Vanilla is the best! Strawberry is bitter." He surrendered.

I smiled in victory. "Good."

He rolled his eyes.

"Did you just roll your eyes at me?" I asked, angrily.

"What? No. I-I was just...uh.. testing my eye movements." He stuttered.

"That was the shittiest excuse I've ever heard."

"Well, thank you. I'm glad." He grinned cheekily.

I rolled my eyes this time and he knew better to question me about it.

"It's so nice out here." I expressed with my eyes focused ahead.

"And cold too." He added, pulling his jacket closer to him.

I looked at him, "That makes it all the better."

"What? No. Cold weather, winter. It's a no for me. I prefer warm weather." He stated.

"I can't believe you. You prefer sweat, heat, hotness and everything in between? Who in the world does not like winter?" I said, quite dramatically may I add.

"Dozens of people, including me."

"We sure are a lot different from each other." I pointed out.

He gave a lopsided smile. "And that's where the saying comes, opposites attract."

I looked to the other side, hiding the on growing smile on my lips.

I agree.

◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼

My leg kept drumming on the floor, and my mind was in a battle of it's own. I looked around the room, but my focus was somewhere else.

Or maybe on someone else.

It's been 3 days since I last saw Ammaar. The past time was when we went out for ice cream. After we reached home and slept, he didn't come to meet me the next day. Nor the day after. Nor the day after. Nor th-