Chapter 12: A Contest of Wits

The stage is set and everybody takes their seats.

Gary is on stage in a white tank top accompanying his swimming trunks and he stands on stage confidently.

"Look at this. You think we can keep the pillars?" Hope asks no one in particular.

You shrug your shoulders.

"It's like a genuine small town beauty pageant." Marisol jokes.

You laugh. It does kinda does look like it.

"Ladies, welcome to the first ever Mr Love Island talent contest. We've got three rounds of excitement waiting for you. At the end of the judging, one of the male islanders gets a pretty sash and a teeny crown-"

"It's called a tiara, Gary." Lottie corrects jokingly.

"Not to mention a special something to be announced." Gary finishes off smoothly.

The girls "oooh" and "aaaah" dramatically before laughing.

"This. Is. So. Exciting!" Priya visibly vibrates in excitement on her seat.

"The first contestant is handsome, sexy, smooth and great with his hands. If you know what I mean, ladies." Gary states as he makes his way to the front of the stage while making those hard-core body builder poses.

"Oh, Jesus." Marisol scoffs.

"Go Gary, go Gary, go Gary..." Priya chants.

Then music starts coming on as he reaches the front. It's Genuwine's 'Pony.'

You screech in excitement as Gary starts dancing like a perfect Magic Mike imitation that makes you question whether he's really just a crane operator.

You and Priya chant as Gary makes his way over to the judge's table and stands in front of Marisol. He then rips his tank top like the Hulk and swings it around over his head before proceeding to throw it at Lottie. She catches it in surprise with her mouth hanging open in pure elated shock.

"I never thought I'd see the day when I'm hypnotized by Gary's movements." Hope confesses.

Marisol rolls he eyes in amusement, but Gary continues by taking a little bottle of baby oil from the front of his trunks and opens it to squirt it all over his hairy chest. It drips down and he grabs Marisol's hands to rub it all over his chest and abs.

Howls of laughter soon follow. You'd expect that kind of thing from Bobby. Not that you'd mind doing it.

"What are you doing?" Marisol asks in an almost irritated tone.

Gary shakes it off. "Don't act like you don't like it." He says confidently.

"It isn't an act." Marisol scoffs.

All the while, the girls are wolf whistling, clapping and cheering like a bunch of chimpanzees, yourself included.

Gary brushes off Marisol's negative comment. His confidence is secure from the other girls' approval.

He takes a few steps back to MC. "I'd hate to be the fellow to follow that. Next up, is the best thing to come out of Sweden since ABBA and meatballs, give it up, for our next contestant, Henrik!"

He gestures behind as he steps aside to reveal what you can only describe as a handsome Oscar statue... with hair... and red lipstick.  The girls clap as he takes the stage covered in gold glitter in his swimtrunks.

"Is that my lipstick? And why does it look better on him?" Lottie sarcastically speaks up.

"Work it, Henrik!" Hope encourages.