Chapter 68: Dropping Like Flies

You're all in the dressing room, getting ready for the night and you can't help but look back at Bobby's strange switch in mood earlier. Something keeps rubbing you the wrong way, but it looks as if you're just being paranoid.

"Leilei, you okay? You've been staring into your suitcase for a whole five minutes." Chelsea observes with concern.

You snap out of your contemplative daze. "Huh? Oh yeah, I'm fine. Just fine." You say unconvincingly.

"Is it about you and Bobby's argument earlier?" Lottie turns from doing her makeup on the dressing table.

You sigh. Trust Lottie to always hit the nail on the head. "I really don't feel like we cleared the air. I don't expect Bobby to always agree with me. That's not what relationships are about. I just wish he didn't just..."

"Act like nothing happened?" Lottie contributes.

"Yes! It's weird. I'm used to hashing things out with people before we at least agree to disagree, but with him..." You trail off.

"It's like he's afraid of even a little confrontation." Chelsea helps.

It's scary how well these girls know you. "Yeah!" You exclaim.

"Well, I guess we all have our own coping mechanisms and maybe he just does that because of previous bad experiences with an ex." Hannah contributes.

"Or exes." Chelsea adds.

You nod and think back on what Bobby told you about his previous ex. That would make a lot of sense. Bobby is a people pleaser and it wouldn't be strange to think that he avoids confrontation for the sake of keeping his partner happy.

You look back at your suitcase and nod resolutely. You want to assure Bobby that you're not going to run off and abandon him just because he speaks his mind. You take a look at the trapiche aragonite gem you found at the beach, lying in your suitcase snuggly. You smile, making sure to pick an outfit that will dazzle him into bed earlier for a little hanky panky. Fuck whoever hears. You make sure to put on your gold glitter lotion and floral perfume before putting you chosen clothing on.

You don't think there's anything sexier than a dress that hides just enough to entice your partner to want to see more

You put on your black Irena Versace cage heel sandals with your black snake accesories. Since your hair is already wet, you head to your dressing chair and decide to go for the messy wet hair rocker chick look. You complete the look with dramatic smokey eyes and a deep magenta lipstick.

"Planning to make it up to Bobby?" You hear Lottie's voice coming from behind.

"He told me to wear something sexy for him, so who am I to deny him?" You shrug. She giggles and goes back to her own makeup session.

Jo takes a look at you. "You're so lucky to have such an understanding guy like Bobby. I'm not sure I would have brushed off our argument if I was in his shoes. You look totally awesome, by the way. He'll be sure to forget about your little tiff with that outfit."