Chapter 33: It's time to D-d-d-d-d-d-duel!

Once you're done exercising, you take a quick shower and head downstairs to find food laid out. A variety of sandwiches are waiting for you on the kitchen table and you decide to go with a classic chicken and mayo, as well as some ham and cheese. You eat in relative peace and quiet as you look out at the others having a grand old time outside. You almost jump out of your skin once you're done with the dishes to find Arjun staring at you when you turn to head out.

"Sorry I scared you there. I was just admiring the view." He says with his signature wink.

You laugh. "It's fine. My mind wondered off anyway, I should be more aware of my surroundings."

"It sounds like you have a great voice." He offers.

You frown slightly.

"You were humming while doing the dishes." He explains.

"Oh, thanks." You blush.

He smiles and reaches his hand out to you. You walk up to him to take it and you both head outside.

You get to chatting with the others. You don't know how you got to the subject, but Arjun is soon talking about his most horrible dates.

You had three dates, in one day!?" Felix shouts in astonishment.

"Yep." Arjun confirms.

"How did that even go?" Lottie asks.

"Well, I asked the girls out, but let them decide what to do for the date. You know, to cut the work down for myself. Which in hindsight, was a terrible idea."

"And they say romance is dead." Hope jokes.

"The first was this big and heavy Italian meal. The second was a big Hungarian meal and the third-" Arjun begins to explain, but Priya interjects.

"Let me guess. A big American meal?"

"Worse, hot yoga."

The last time you tried to exercise after a meal, you ended up almost blocking the toilet. The worst part was you had a spicy and extra hot order of Jollof rice.

"Oh no!" Marisol looks appalled.

"Oh yes. I got banned from that yoga studio. I heard it took weeks to get the smell out."

You cackle into the sky. "I can just imagine. Who even does yoga on a date? Can't we get exercise some other way? Like in the bedroom?"

Arjun chuckles. "Right? I haven't sweated so much in my whole life."

"Hope you've learnt your lesson, Arjun." You warn.

"On the honour of my family, I'm never doing that again." He confirms.

"I have a bad date story." Priya offers.

"Do tell." Carl says as he poses in his ninjitsu form. God, that irritates the living shit out of you.

"So I was bored going out with guys who couldn't tell their arse from their elbows and I wanted someone a little more sophisticated and graceful to go with their package..." Priya starts.

"Interesting way of phrasing that, but do carry on." Hope jokes.

"Are you talking about penises? Or the metaphorical package?" You ask.

The girls laugh and the boys look raise their eyebrows in amusement.

"Both. Anyway, I met this tall, dark and handsome guy who had the whole George Clooney salt and pepper thing going on in his hair and he was super dreamy. He was a theatre buff. He might have been a reviewer? Not sure, never got to the second date..."