Chapter 35: That green, green emotion

You walk around until you get to the firepit to find Felix doing pushups with Priya looking on with an amused expression.

"Four-" He counts, but pauses mid push up as he sees you aprouch.

"-ty. Forty-one..." He conspicuously adds.

Priya giggles. "Don't you mean five?"

"Of this set, I totalled them up." He breathes out as he continues.

Lies and propaganda.

"So wouldn't that be twenty-five?" She asks with amused grin.

He pauses again mid push up. "Nah, babe. Clearly I was doing them too fast and you lost count." He defends.

You deadpan. Oh my fucking shoe collection!

"I'm sure that's the case." Priya replies with a dubious tone. She turns to you. "How are you, babe? You having one of your wanderlust days?" She asks with a playful and knowing smile.

"Yeah, you know I enjoy getting around." You answer.

"I enjoy getting square ones as well." Priya jokes.

You both look at each other before bursting out into laughter. "You're a hoot!" You finger gun her.

"I can't help myself with the dad jokes sometimes." She confesses.

"I heard they're the best kind." You reply.

She furrows her eyebrows. "You're phrasing makes it sound as if you didn't hear them from your own dad. Like you've heard other people talk about them."

Your mood darkens a bit. Of all the times to be reminded of your negligent father. "Yeah, well... my father and I didn't quite... spend time with each other, but that's a story for another day." You revamp your mood.

You then hear a strained wheeze from Felix that sounds like an old man trying to lift a heavy object. He gets on his hands and knees and wipes the sweat from his brows.

"Did I say stop? I thought I was supposed to be getting a full show." Priya demands like a dominatrix.

Lottie wasn't lying about Priya having a way with men. She must teach me her ways. Then again, Felix is an all too easy target.

"I just need a little break." Felix breathes out.

"You know, I don't think Graham would need a break." Priya taunts.

You shake your head.

He pauses a little before going straight back to doing his push ups.

"Too easy." Priya slyly smiles as she mutters under he breath.

She pauses before an even more devious smirk overtakes her features. Can't lie, you're a little turned on right now. Where does this sadism come from?

"You want to have some fun, babe?" She drawls seductively.

You turn on your best James Bond attitude. "Always." You drawl back. You hope you don't sound like an idiot.

She giggles. "Let's see who can turn his head the fastest. Ready?"

"I was born ready. My middle name is Ready, I watched Spongebob for his readiness and I'll name my child 'Ready.'"

She laughs. "Felix! Could you come here for a second?" She beckons him.

He jumps up and comes over. "What's up, baberoonies?" He asks Priya.