Chapter 14: The Calm Before the Storm

You feel yourself being shaken. You reluctantly wake up, but feel well rested since this time, you went to sleep on time. You look up to see Bobby's figure and you get up. He places a gentle kiss to your lips before heading out of the bedroom. You sigh and make your way into the dressing room to put on something more appropriate. You take off your headwrap and tie your twin French braids together so that you don't sweat on them.

 You take off your headwrap and tie your twin French braids together so that you don't sweat on them

You head out quickly and find Bobby doing some push ups. He sees you approaching and beams at you.

"Were you always planning on teaching the guys a lesson?" He smirks at you.

You roll your eyes. "Shut up and let's get you in shape, Mckenzie!"

His eyebrows rise in amusement before you stand before him.

"Okay, so there are many types of wrestling, but Greco-Roman, Egyptian and Freestyling are the most common ones found at the Olympics and various competitions. I'm going to teach you common holds and takedowns that are widely used in your type of fighting... got it?" You say to him professionally.

He nods in seriousness and stands at the ready. His form is good, but it's more of a fighter's stance than a grappler's.

You begin your session and teach him the traditional holds and takedowns. By the end, you're both exhausted and you realise how much you've missed practicing. You decide you're happy you agreed to help, plus, it's a fun bonding experience away from the cameras and islanders.

"You're a slave driver!" He huffs out of breath. You called it quits after two hours.

"Yeah right, if you're finding my workout to be too much, you'll die if my dad trains you." You reveal.

"Your dad's a wrestler... I almost forgot. So was he good? Or did he want to live vicariously through you?" He jokes.

Your mood darkens a bit, but you shake it off. "I can't exactly say he was the most involved dad in anything other than my sports career. He was an all state college champion. So maybe." You reply emotionlessly.

"Sorry I said that, I-" Bobby tries to apologise after seeing Lei's mood shift, but he's interrupted.

"It's okay, you were only joking. In any case, I do love the sport so I guess I can't say I was forced into it." You admit.

"Good to hear. Though I'll admit, you were throwing in so many wrestling names and moves in there I had a hard time remembering some of them. Not to mention the great view I had was a big distraction." He tries to lighten the mood.

You laugh and chuck an empty water bottle at him. You both head to your separate bathrooms to wash and and brush your teeth. You find Bobby already sleeping in bed and join him.

A loud beeping beside you wakes you up and you find Bobby already reading a text message. You snuggle into him some more as he wraps his arm around you.