Chapter 30: Godspeed

You were requested to go into the villa for a bit while the crew prepared tables for your speed dating. It's then that Lottie gets a text for the girls to head out first after only twenty minutes of waiting.

"Remember, speed is of the essence!" Carl pipes up.

The guys chuckle as you make your way to the table where a bunch of snacks are waiting. You dig into some pocky sticks. You really wanted to flex your nerdity regarding the confectionary with Carl, who you're sure would appreciate your knowledge, but you finished them faster than the speed of light.

You turn to see Lottie checking out her reflection on a spoon. I mean she's clearly looking like fire right now. I'd check myself out too.

"Ready to check the boys out, Lei?" Marisol asks from across Lottie.

"Ready as I'll ever be. At least there's less chance of me embarrassing myself with a long and drawn out date." You reply.

She raises her eyebrows in curiousity. "Well, I'm sure it will be fun. I'm too scared to ask you about your ghosts of dates past." She smiles at you.

Lottie giggles. "I mean, all we have to do is enjoy ourselves and judge the new boys on their chat. Remember ladies, it's up to them to impress us."

You all get texts saying that you'll all get a second chance to chat with each boy. You're sure the guys are feeling the pressure. You wonder if the same thing is happening at the villa.

Just as you're about to tell the girls your thoughts, the boys walk out.

You see Elijah jog over to your table like a James Bond beach scene. You smile brightly at him.

"Hey, Leila." He happily greets.

"So, when the buzzer goes off, we have to sit down and chat. Then when the buzzer goes off again, it's time to leave. Those are the rules ladies and gentlemen." Graham announces.

You all nod in understanding.

"Come and get it boys." Marisol speaks up.

Well, she's an eager beaver.

The buzzer goes off and Kassam jumps. "Does it need to be so loud?"

This? Coming from a techno DJ?

Elijah plops down in front of you. "All the girls here are gorgeous, you especially, Leila." He grins.

You smile. "Thank you Elijah. So, what do you do?" You jump straight in.

"I'm a man of many talents. I mostly do modelling, but there's not a lot of work there if you're not very well established in the industry, so I do salon work on the side." He says with a tinge of what you make out as slight bitterness towards the end.

"So you're a model, cool. You've sure got the looks for it, I'll tell you that." You wink at him to boost his mood a bit.

He smiles appreciatingly.

The buzzer goes off.

You both stare at each other in shock for a moment. "Woah, that was quick. Well, I look forward to asking you a question next time." He says with a wink as he gets up.

"Likewise, Eli." You wink back and he chuckles.

Kassam takes his place quickly. He sits down and smiles a little at you. "Hi, again."

"Hey. So it's Kassam, right? Is it Arabic? I had a pen pal by the same name in Saudi Arabia. What's your deal?" You ask him.

He seems to have perked up when you mentioned his name. "You mean you want to hear my life story?" He asks.