Flirting Fails & Old Friends

*Flashback*
I hear a knock at the door and freeze, looking towards the entrance to our flat. I drop the pillow I'm holding and see Kat come running into the room. We give each other the same wide-eyed look, and then we sprint to the door. She stands behind me as I reach to grab the door knob, ready to let our new friends into our home.

I open the door to see the four smiling idiots that I have recently befriended. I laugh when they notice the snacks behind me and push past me without even saying hello. I hear Kat laugh as well, and then we follow them into the living room. We all sit down on the couches, with me, Ashton, and Luke on one, and Kat, Michael, and Calum on the other. We all just kind of sit there awkwardly until I try to break the silence by waving and going "Hi." Kat and the boys chorus back "Hey" and then start laughing. I must look confused because they laugh even more. Ashton notices that I am genuinely unsure of what is happening, and rubs my back. He leans in and whispers, "Don't worry, it's just a joke from our fandom that was made a while ago. It's not a big deal." I nod, and look to the others. I say, "So what do you guys want to do?" Luke turns to me and says, "Oh, can we play 20 questions? I have this theory, and I want to see if I'm right." I nod, curious to see where this will go. Everyone seems to agree, so apparently it's Ask Kylie Anything Time. Weeeeeeeeeee! Not.

"Full name?"
"Kylie Elizabeth Mason"
"Favorite color?"
"Dark red?"
"Favorite singer?"
"ED SHEERAN"
"Favorite band?"
"Blink 182 or the Beatles"
"Wrong try again."
"5 Seconds of Summer?"
"Yay, good girl. Where were you born?"
"Australia, but I moved to Ireland when I was really young."

We go on like this for 14 more questions, and finally, Luke asks the last one.

"Childhood best friends?"

I look at him strangely, because I want to know why he would ask such a random question. I shrug and answer it anyway.

"Kat Daniels, Vicky Reid, and some kid named Luke...... Luke... I forget his last name. I think it began with an H."

As soon as those words leave my mouth, I gasp and look up at Luke. He's smiling at me. I jump up and hug him. "Lukey-pookey!!!" "Kylie-bear!!!" I melt into his warm embrace, and laugh because of how happy I am. We had kept in touch for a while after I moved, but drifted apart after a while. "I'm so glad I found you, Luke!" He looks down at me and smiles. "I'm glad you found me too, Kylie." I squeal again, and then sit back down in my place on the couch next to Ashton. He looks pissed. What is it with him?! He leans over and whispers "Do you like Luke?" I laugh involuntarily, and reply, "Oh hell no! He's just a really good friend. Besides, there's another guy that I think I kind of like." Oh my god. I can't believe I just said that. I just admitted both to him and to myself that I have feeling for someone. At least he doesn't know who. My statement seems to make him even more upset, and he says, "Do I know him?" I chuckle and go, "Yeah, better than you might think." And then I wink. I WINK. I can't believe I did that. Now he knows for sure. Oh my god. Oh my god. Kill me. Kill me now please. Now? Please. Thanks.

He seems to get what I just (accidentally) said. He smirks at me, and I can feel my cheeks heat up. He leans over and says, "I think he might like you too." I sigh in relief and smile, and Ashton just starts up a conversation with Kat and Michael about ponies or some shit. I don't even know. All I'm focused on right now is the fact that the guy I like likes me back. Which feels really nice. Like, REALLY nice.

After a while of talking about the most stupid and random things, I ask Kat if she wants to come help me get more food. She nods, grabs an empty bowl, and follows me out to the kitchen. I turn to her and go, "Did you know that Luke Hemmings was in this band? As in Luke 'Our childhood best friend' Hemmings?" She looks somewhat guilty, but she nods and says, "Well, yeah. Vicky and I talked to him a ton for a while after you moved, but, just like you guys did, we drifted apart when he made friends with the other boys. I had a suspicion that Luke from 5sos was our Luke, but I wasn't positive. Vicky doesn't know about this though. We should tell her soon, okay?" I nod and say, "Definitely. Go talk to Luke. If you think we can trust him, tell him about what happened with Vicky and Brian. We might need a guy's perspective. I will go talk to Vicky now." She nods, fills her empty bowl up with popcorn, and leaves the room. I giggle when I hear cheers come from the other room- I'm guessing they realized that she has snacks.

I begin to walk up the stairs, wondering how Vicky will react to the idea of having one of our old friends back in our lives. Maybe it'll help her trust guys again...