Romantic Ashton & Kissing in the Rain

After about half an hour of driving and listening to music, we finally reach our destination. It's a bit dark (as it's about 9:00 at night now), but Ashton seems to know exactly where he's going. He takes my hand and leads me up a hill to a little area that's been lit up with candles. There's a blanket and a picnic basket on the ground. He brings me over to sit on the blanket, and then he looks at me with a questioning look and says, "Is it okay? Do you like it? Is it to cliche? I can take you somewhere else if you want?" I giggle and lean over to peck his cheek. I pull away, and see him blush. I say, "Ash, it's perfect. I love it."

He smiles and opens the picnic basket. He pulls out this container that looks like a miniature pizza box. He opens it, and I see that it is, in fact, a pizza box, and it contains cold pizza, my favorite. I squeal and lean over to hug him. "How did you know I like cold pizza?" I question. He smiles and says, "I texted Kat and asked her what you liked." I squeeze him and go, "Awwwwwww! That was so sweet!" I sit back up, and he reaches back into the basket and pulls out two bottles of Hubert's lemonade. My jaw drops and I say, "Oh my God! I love Hubert's! How did you know? Did Kat tell you about this too?" He smiles again and says, "No, I love Hubert's, and I figured that either you would too, or I would just have to force you to love it as well. I'm glad that you already like it, because that will save me a lot of trouble." I laugh and graciously accept one of the bottles. We each grab a slice of pizza and dig in.

*20 minutes later*
We have finished all of the pizza and the lemonade, and we are just sitting and talking about Ashton's band, and all of the places that they have travelled to while on tour. He's currently telling me a story of one time when they were in London, and Michael pulled down Luke's pants right before they went on stage, and so Luke was late going on stage. We laugh at the story, and then he says, "Are you full?" I nod, and he goes, "Oh, that's unfortunate, I guess I'll have to eat these all by myself." He pulls a container of chocolate covered strawberries out of the basket, and I gasp and say, "Well, maybe I'm not that full..." He chuckles and opens the container, taking one and then passing the box to me. I take one and eat it. As soon as I taste the sweet flavor, I groan a little. Ashton and I both break into laughter. We continue to talk about 5sos's tour, and we finally finish our container of strawberries. Ashton puts all of our garbage back into the basket, and I ask, "How did you find this place? What's it called?" He grins and says, "It's where my grandfather proposed to my grandmother. She always told me stories of this place when I was growing up, and I just fell in love with it before I had ever even visited. It's called Fairview Hill." I grin and say, "That's so sweet. It's so beautiful here." He replies, "Not as beautiful as you." He then cringes and says, "Wow that was super cheesy." I giggle and peck him on the cheek. I say, "That's okay. I thought it was cute. I like your cheesiness." He takes a deep breath and says, "Well that's good. Because there's something I want to ask you." I nod encouragingly, and he takes another deep breath before looking into my eyes and saying, "Kylie Elizabeth Mason, will you please do me the honor of becoming my girlfriend?" I been and reply, "Yes, Ashton Fletcher Irwin, I would love to be your girlfriend." He cringes at the use of his full name, but nevertheless, he leans over, and kisses me passionately. I kiss him back for a bit before pulling away and cuddling into his chest.

We sit there cuddling and taking for a while before we decide to pack up and go home. It's like 12:30 at this point, and thought we aren't really tired, I think we both just want to get home. He blows out the candles and puts them into the picnic basket. I fold up the blanket, he picks up the basket, and we start to walk back to the car. We are about halfway there when it begins to rain. We both shout out in surprise before bursting into laughter and running the rest of the way to his car. We hurry to put the things in the trunk, but he stops me before I can get into the passenger seat. I look at him questioningly, as it is pouring rain, and I just want to get out of the wet. He grins sheepishly and says, "Well, I've always wanted to kiss in the rain..." I swoon inwardly at how cute that is before grinning and leaning up to press my lips to his. We kiss for about a minute in the pouring rain before pulling apart and laughing. We then share a look, and it seems as though we both agree that there's no point in hurrying to get out of the rain now that we're so wet. He holds out his hand and says, "Could I have this dance, Miss Mason?" I giggle, but try to keep w straight face and say, "But of course, Mr. Irwin." He laugh as he pulls me close and we slow dance in the rain. He kisses me before pulling away and humming what sounds like "One" by Ed Sheeran.

After a while of dancing in the dark in the pouring rain, we decide to get into the car and go home. He opens the door for me, and then jogs back around to get in the driver's side. He turns on the radio (which is currently playing Ed Sheeran's "Give Me Love"), and grabs my hand as we begin to drive back home. The perfect ending to the perfect date.

Give me love like her,
'Cause lately I've been waking up alone,
Paint splattered teardrops on my shirt,
Told you I'd let them go,

And that I'll fight my corner,
Maybe tonight I'll call ya,
After my blood turns into alcohol,
No, I just wanna hold ya.

Give a little time to me or burn this out,
We'll play hide and seek to turn this around,
All I want is the taste that your lips allow,
My, my, my, my, oh give me love,
My, my, my, my, give me love,

Give me love like never before,
'Cause lately I've been craving more,
And it's been a while but I still feel the same,
Maybe I should let you go,

You know I'll fight my corner,
And that tonight I'll call ya,
After my blood is drowning in alcohol,
No, I just wanna hold ya.

Give a little time to me or burn this out,
We'll play hide and seek to turn this around,
All I want is the taste that your lips allow,
My, my, my, my, oh give me love,

Give a little time to me or burn this out,
We'll play hide and seek to turn this around,
All I want is the taste that your lips allow,
My, my, my, my, oh give me love,