Chapter 1: Coffee

Lefty's POV:
"I'll meet you there Liz."

"Kk Baiiiiiiiiiiiiiii"

I hung up. Elizabeth called me to see where we could meet up. Right now I'm driving to a coffee place I've never heard of, but Liz said it was good so I agreed. I'm not really a fan of coffee, but I wanted to see her again. Though, I don't know how she'll react to my eye.

Turns out, this coffee place was close. On the way there, I searched for open apartments. Liz said she already had a roommate so that's a no go. Though, there might be one beside hers. I'll have to ask.

I finally found the place and pulled into a small parking lot. The place looks decent. Brick walls, clean windows, nice plants, and other stuff I don't really care about.

There was a park beside the cafe, a restaurant across the street from it. This town looks different from when I was here, or I just forgot. 5 years could make you forget. Or maybe a new mayor?

I shake my head and walk into the cafe. It smelled like croissants, with a bit of chocolate. I smiled a little and sat at a booth in the corner of the shop. I pulled out my phone to see when Liz would be here.

Lefty:Where are you?
Liz: Srry. Gonna b a couple minutes L8

I sighed as I put away my phone. Reading her messages are like having a stroke. She understand that people type like that, but why? I don't like misspelling stuff on purpose, it just annoys me for some reason.

I pulled out a small book I had and started reading it. It's about this girl who goes to her hometown to go to her old friend's memorial. Kinda like me, just no one got murdered. There's also something about an abandoned restaurant but I'm not really that far. The internet kinda ruined it a little.

I was sitting in silence until I caught a glimpse of someone sitting infront of me. I tried to ignore them, like I wasn't even there, but they still sat there. Sighing, I and sat my book down, looking up at whoever sat down.

"Yes?" I looked up to see a quite rather handsome bear. He had a scar on his right eye, like someone cut it. His fur was white with an orange snout and highlights. He seemed friendly so I closed my book and sat it on the seat beside me.

"Hi! I'm Molten! Did you just move here?" His voice was deep and soothing. His posture was better than mine, sitting up straight while I slouched.

"Hi... I'm lefty. And yeah." He smiled. That smile...

"Nice to meet you! So... Why'd you move here?" He leaned forwards a bit.

"My friend lives here so I moved back...Why are you talking to me?" His smile slowly turned into a grin.

"One of the Mayor's son's. Supposed to know everybody." That made a little sense. I remember when I left, people were voting for a new Mayor so his dad must be the new one. We talked for a little bit before his phone rang. "Ah shit. Here..." He pulled out a pen and grabbed a napkin, writing down numbers. "Call me if you need something." I now look at the napkin to notice that he wrote his phone number.

He got up and left, leaving me alone again. I had nothing better to do so I put his number in my contacts and took out my book. After another few minutes, a girl bursted through the door. She wore a... I think crop top and skirt? I don't know. Her multicolored pigtails were up, lights on her chest. That's when I realised, it's Liz. She noticed me and started... Skating towards me.

"Finally!" She went faster and eventually fell on me.

"Ow..."

" Sorry!" She got off me and sat infront of me like that bear did. "So... How's it been?" She asked energetically.