~~Ten^.^

Taemin~
Valeria and I had only been waiting for a minute when I saw Jimin come through the door. I waved him over to us as he helped his date take her jacket off and give it to the coat check attendant.

They joined us and introductions were made. I could feel Valeria's eyes on me, making sure I was looking Poppy in the eye and nowhere else. Her dress was quite risqué and I was surprised it didn't bother Jimin that every man in the restaurant did a double take as she walked passed, although the possessive way he had his hand on her lower back left no doubt that she belonged to him.

I had known Jimin for a long time and we'd always gotten along very well. I hoped that our girls would also become friends and we would be able to get together a lot. But my Valeria was the jealous type and when we met Poppy I thought Valeria would shut down any chance of a friendship with her because of how she looked. Poppy was somehow sexy and cute at the same time, which is a difficult combination to achieve.

Valeria had been with me for almost a year and a half, so she knew all the ins and outs of living in the real world now. Poppy had only been with Jimin about a week. I wouldn't say she was timid or shy, but she was still somewhat unsure of herself. For some reason, this made Valeria protective of Poppy and they instantly hit it off. I breathed a sigh of relief.

"So Poppy, what have you found to be the most difficult change so far?" I asked her, while we waited for our food to come.

She thought for a second before she answered, "I think it's the amount of options for everything. I never had to make choices before because there weren't any options. You had this for dinner or you didn't eat. Tonight, there was an entire menu of possible choices and I wanted to try them all. You wore the white jumpsuit or you went naked. In my closet right now, I have at least fifty outfits to choose from. And I'm not sure of the social reasons behind why I should choose one outfit over another. It's a little overwhelming."

Valeria reached over and patted her hand. "That's ok. You'll get used to it pretty quickly. If you need help with anything, just call me. I'll give you my number," offered Valeria.

"That would be great, Valeria. Thank you! I just got my phone on the way here tonight. It's still in the box in the car. If you could write down your number though, I'll have Jimin put it in my phone when we get home," Poppy smiled as she said.

I pulled out my phone and texted Valeria's number to Jimin's phone. "There, that's taken care of," I said.

We took our time over our food, talking and laughing longer than I thought we would. When we ordered dessert, Valeria stood up to go to the ladies' room.

"Poppy, would you come with me?" she asked.

Jimin whispered in Poppy's ear, probably explaining that women always go to the bathroom together for some mysterious reason. Poppy nodded and excused herself.

As soon as the girls were gone, I asked, "So how are things really going?"

Jimin shook his head and rolled his eyes, "Harder than I thought it would be. We got in an argument and I stormed out of the dorm, leaving her alone for hours, on her first day home. She went out shopping with a friend and got separated from her. We searched for her forever. For some mysterious reason, the receptionist at Big Hit seems to hate her. It's just one catastrophe after another."

"That's not even the worst of it. Every time I'm close to her, it's almost impossible to control my urges. Taemin, I've never wanted anyone like I want her and I don't do that. I don't have casual sex."

"Maybe it's not casual. Maybe you're developing feelings for her," I said, trying not to laugh at the miserable look on his face. "Don't give me that look. Do you really think it's impossible? I mean, look at her. Every man in this restaurant fell for her tonight. She's gorgeous. She's sweet. She's cute, just the way you like 'em. She's interesting. Is there some reason you think you couldn't have feelings for her?"