~~Twenty-four^.^

Jimin~
Standing in the kitchen, I stared at the calendar across the room as I absentmindedly stirred the eggs I was cooking. After dumping them into the plastic container already loaded with broccoli, I secured the lid and went to take a closer look at the big circle drawn in red marker around tomorrow's date. I peered at it, frowning.

Has it been that long already?

This could pose a problem.

Shoulders sagging, I tried to think of a quick and easy solution. My mind raced through all the options available; none, but one, appealing to me. Unfortunately, the situation I was currently in eliminated that option at this time.

How did things get so messed up?

I sadly shook my head.

Which evil spirit did I offend and how?

Someone had surely put a curse on me, putting me squarely in Mi-cha's sights, just at a time when I was happiest.

I picked up my food and roughly shoved the container into my backpack, almost ready to leave for the practice room, looking forward to the peace of mind I would find there. Maybe I'd find a solution to my problem in the place where I did my best thinking while I danced.

I stopped pulling on the zipper, hearing Hobi's voice coming down the hall, closer and closer. He was laughing and his tone was teasing. When I heard Poppy answer him, I quickly stepped back, letting the pre-dawn shadows swallow me whole.

I watched them pass within a few feet of me from my hiding place beside the large double refrigerator. My entire body tensed seeing Hobi's arm around her shoulders.

"Don't think because I'm going with you this morning, it means anything," she said, haughtily. "I'm not stupid or innocent anymore, you know? I know better than to trust any boy's feelings now. Hae told me how it is."

I smiled to myself, her tone reminding me of the way she flicked her tail in the male hybrid's face at the facility the day I picked her up. The queen was back and I couldn't be happier about that. If someone else thought they were going to swoop in and sweep her off her feet, they could think again. I knew it wasn't fair of me, but I still didn't want her with anyone else.

"Jimin?"

Just as the front door closed behind Hobi and Poppy, I looked up to find Jin staring at me, concern clouding his eyes.

"What's going on with you lately?" he asked. "You worry me."

I stepped out of the shadows and took the food back out of my backpack. There was no point in going to the practice room now—not until Hobi and Poppy were finished.

"What do you mean?" I said, sitting down to eat my breakfast. "I'm fine."

I am not fine.

~~~

I stayed away as long as I could. Poppy and Hobi hadn't come back yet, but open practice time was running out.

I walked into the lobby, cringing when I saw Mi-cha glance up at me. I made a beeline through to the hallway and headed straight to the practice room. I could hear Jungkook in the vocal room, practicing his breath control. And I saw Namjoon and Yoongi at the end of the hall, their heads together as they bent over some sheet music.

The door to the practice room was closed and I could hear music coming from inside. I inched the door open and was surprised to see my group's choreographer, along with Beomgyu and Yeonjun from TXT, working with Hobi and Poppy. While I watched, the choreographer stepped from the corner and corrected Poppy's sequences, which were slightly off.