^.^Twenty-nine~~

Taehyung~
"KIM TAEHYUNG! WHAT DID YOU FUCKING DO?"

I'm not sure I'd ever faced anything more terrifying than Poppy coming at me, tail bristling and claws out. She wasn't even tall enough to come all the way up to my chin, but the sight of her was enough to back me into the corner.

Yeontan danced around her feet barking, trying to get her attention, rather than protecting me.

Traitor.

Who would have ever figured that my dog would prefer a cat over me?

"What... what did I do?" I panicked a little bit, realizing once my shoulders hit the wall there was no further I could go to get away from her. I let out my pent up breath as she finally stopped advancing on me.

Even though she bent over to pick up Yeontan and snuggled against his little face as he excitedly licked her, her eyes fairly sparked in anger at me.

"Did you invite Jimin and his girlfriend to go to the movies with us?" she shot at me.

"No... I would never do that," I told her, grabbing up my phone to prove it to her. "Oh—oops."

Her well-shaped eyebrows rose, disappearing underneath the fluffy pink hair framing her face.

"Oops?" she repeated, her voice instantly changing from angry to hurt. "Tae Tae, how could you?"

"I'm sorry, love," I hesitantly reached out to pull her into a hug. "I didn't think. I texted it in the group chat. I'm so sorry."

She came willingly into my waiting arms, burying her face against my chest. I could physically feel her anger deflate as resignation washed over her.

"It's okay. I'm sorry I got mad at you. I know you wouldn't intentionally hurt me. I'll just stay home this time."

"No," I pushed her gently away from me so I could look her in the eye. "It's about time you show Jimin that you're fine without him. You're coming, and even if you think it's killing you, you're going to act like nothing is wrong."

"I can't."

"Yes, you can. I'll help you," I said, putting my finger under her chin to lift it up, forcing her to look at me. "You can be my date this time. How about that? We'll show him that you don't even think about him anymore."

"He's your best friend," she answered back. "I don't want to pit the two of you against each other. I don't want to ruin your friendship."

"It won't. You don't have to worry about Jimin and me. We'll always be best friends, even if we don't agree with each other."

I took Yeontan from her and turned her toward the door, where Hae was huddled against the doorframe, watching.

Giving Poppy a little shove, I said, "Hae, help Poppy get ready. She's gonna be my date tonight and I want her to look amazing."

Hae looked at me with wide eyes and nodded, pulling Poppy out of the room. I grinned as they disappeared out the door.

"Okay, Jimin," I said to myself, "I know there's still something there. Let's see how you react when it's me, instead of Hobi, going after your girl."

~~~

Jimin~
Alora and I walked into the theater and found the rest of the members in the balcony, where Namjoon texted they would be. They were all in one row, and Tae had saved us two seats at the end of the row next to him.

"Hey Jimin. Hi Alora." The group said in unison, almost as if they had practiced it.

I was surprised to see Poppy sitting on Tae's other side. She generally stayed as far away from Alora and me as possible.