Chapter Four

-- Jasmine in MM

Cont...

Aaliyah

"What do you mean we can't see him?!" I slammed my hands on the desk.

"Ma'am, I'm gonna ask you to leave if yo--"

"I ain't going nowhere!" I raged.

For 2 hours, this lady has been telling me she doesn't have an update on Aubree and has been being rude to everyone that came to this counter.

"Now, you talked your shit to everyone else but I'm not the one. I'll jump over this counter and knock your lace front back." I threatned her wide ass.

"Aaliyah! Come on, let's sit down!" Evelynn pulled me away.

"I just want to know what's going." I tried to keep from crying anymore.

My face was raw from me roughly wiping it, my eyes were puffy and my head was throbbing.

"Let me go and see if anyone else can tell us something." She squatted down in front of me.

I nodded and she walked off.

"Look, you know my boy is good, he's tough." Amari tried to console me.

Horrible job.

Over the course of the next 2 hours... I was a wreck.

"Aaliyah." Luke gently called me.

I looked up at him and he looked as if he had news.

"He can be seen but only by three people." He helped me stand on my feet.

"Who are the three?" I asked.

"That's for you to decide." Luke told me. "Whatever you say, goes."

Luke was allowing me to make decisions on Aubree's behalf with his full support.

I wanted to smile at this beautiful moment but I know right now, I need to think off of business and retaliation... not my emotions.

I whispered so only Luke could hear me. "You, Harlem and Amari?"

A smile slowly formed on Luke's face.

"You thinking smart, ain't you?" He teased.

"Im trying to." I smiled too.

"Aight, I got your house cleared out but it's still a mess from the party." He admitted.

"Good. I'll have something to do to occupy my time." I nodded.

"Li, you made the right decision. It's for your own safety." He put his hand on my shoulder.

I slightly smiled.

"Hey y'all, we appreciate your love and support.. I swear we do but while you're here, money is being delayed and we need to get word to the inmates that there's a reward for whoever has information to help us find the motives here." I spoke as Luke stood beside me.

"Only three people can see Aubree. That'll be Harlem, Amari and myself." Luke added.

Everyone nodded and began heading out until it was only Jas, Arianna, Valorie, Harlem, Evelynn, Luke, Amari and myself.

We all stood in a small circle, discussing private matters.

Luke was really leaving me to make decisions for Aubree on my own and while I am grateful that he has accepted me as his brother's decision maker... I am completely nervous and trying to ensure I am making the right decisions.