Chapter Three

-- Arianna in MM

Thursday, December 30th, 2021
8:49pm...

Aaliyah

I smiled as I sipped on my drink, I was well on my way to being intoxicated.

"You're an idiot." Jas laughed as Arianna demonstrated how she rides.

"That looks like the worst ride of his life." I commented as I laughed too.

"Bitch, you ain't fucked in so long you don't even know what hole it goes in anymore." Arianna waved me off.

My mouth dropped. "Bitch."

Her and Jas snickered.

"She been scratching that itch, probably wearing that poor plastic out." Jas laughed.

I laughed with them. "But aye, ain't you still on punishment?" I scrunched up my face as I asked. "So, I guess I'm not the only one wearing the toys down."

"Oh yeaaaah?" Arianna asked, looking at Jas who was too busy mugging me.

"Bitch that was private!" She gently shoved me.

"Yeah? So was my business, hoe." I responded.

"I guess I'll just fuck for all of us." Arianna said.

"Aye, peep Dom over there." Jas nudged me.

Dom was drunk and dancing like there was no tomorrow.

It was good to be around these vibes.

Everybody chilling and having a good time, no guards are up because we're all family so it's not needed.

I smiled as I scanned the area.

They had my house LIT. My neighbors are about a little ways down the road but I'm sure they can still hear the music or at least the beat.

"I'll be right back." I told them.

I sat my drink down and jogged upstairs where it was a little quieter.

I picked up my phone from the nightstand and checked it, not expecting anything but out of habit.

Surprisingly, I had 10 missed calls from an unknown number, the last one being 10 minutes ago.

Of course my anxiety kicked in and I quickly dialed the number back.

I got a busy signal which made me even more bothered.

I took a seat on the bed and took a second to calm down. I'm not even sure why I'm so bothered right now.

I shoved my phone in my back pocket and went back downstairs.

"You good?" Luke asked, approaching me.

I smiled. "Yeah, I'm fine, Lu."

He looked around to make sure no one heard me before smirking.

"Are you tired yet?" He asked.

I shrugged, trying to decide. "I'm okay for now."

"Let me know when you want these people to clear out and I'll handle it." He told me.

I smiled at my brother for a while as he looked over everyone.

"What yo?" He chuckled.

"You really love me." I cooed as I gently pinched his cheek.

He smacked his little and fanned me off.

"Come on with that shit mannnn." He whined.

"You do tho, Lu."

We were laughing when Harlem approached us.

He greeted Luke while I sipped on my drink and looked around the room, anywhere except at him.

"Hello, Aaliyah."

I simply nodded my head and gave a slight smile.

Harlem and I really haven't been seeing eye to eye since Aubree's been gone so I keep my distance, Val probably forced him to come tonight anyway.

We've bumped heads a few times over Aubree's money, our house that I sold, moving his vehicles, everything under the sun.

"How's uh--"

"Everything is fine. Excuse me." I removed myself.

I went and fixed a new drink, not even knowing where my other drink went.

Harlem initially thought I was stealing Aubree's money when I used it to open our business and probably still does because instead of putting it back in a safe, that im sure he routinely checks, it was now clean money so I put it in a bank account to build interest so when he comes home he'll have double the amount and more businesses in his name.

I don't care what Harlem thinks. I did it for us and if Aubree has a problem with that, I'll give him all the money back and never touch his money again.

"Hey babes." Valorie approached me, scaring me out of my thoughts.

"Hey beautiful! You look so good!" I complimented her.

"Me? Look at you!" She looked me up and down.

I smiled, I truly have missed my friend.

"We have to stop being distant." She spoke my thoughts.

"This is true." I agreed.

Life has changed, some things for better and some for the worse.

"I've talked to Harlem and he was just looking out for Aubree, while he didn't mean any harm, I know it came off very offensive for someone to try and tell you that you have other motives." She explained.

Through this whole ordeal, Valorie has never picked sides but the communication definitely fell off on both ends and I understand she has to stand by her husband no matter what.

I knew I was going to be emotional if this comversation went on any longer.

I nodded in understanding. "Thank you for being such a peaceful person."

She and I laughed, changing the serious mood.

"Okaaay, enough of that. How have you been?" She asked.

"Everything has been going pretty steady." I nodded, I honestly had no complaints.

All these moments were missing... is him.

"He'll be home before you know it." Valorie must've noticed the look in my eyes.

"Hopefully." I smiled weakly. "I want to go and see him but.." I trailed off.

"He's just trying to keep you safe." She reminded me of what has been being said since he told me to stop coming to see him.

"I know." I smiled. "It just seem--"

My phone rung.

I dug it out my pocket to answer it.

It was that unknown number again.

I quickly stepped into the front yard and answered.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Aaliyah Davenport?" A lady asked.

"It is." I responded.

I screamed out loud as I received the news.

My heart felt like it was literally ripped from my chest.

I could still hear the lady calling out, telling me to calm down.

I couldn't.

How could this happen?

"Li, what's wrong, talk to me!" Dom quickly approached me, holding me up in his arms.

I heard him but all I could do was cry.

"T-They--"

"Who?" Luke ran up, cutting me off.

I passed him the phone as the lady told him that Aubree was stabbed multiple times.