Chapter Thirteen

Fri. Jan. 28th, 2022.
10:46am...

Aaliyah

I ran my fingers through my freshly blonde & brown hair.

"Girl, I love thisssss!" I exlaimed.

I wanted something different and Joi usually tries to persuade me to do something different but I never had the courage to go through with it.

"I told you, you would! I've been wanting to try this since you first walked your nappy head in here." She joked.

"Thank you so much." I kept looking at my hair in the mirror.

"Sooo, trying something new every time you come?" She smiled.

"Yeah, send me what youd like to try and I'll let you know." I playfully rolled my eyes at her.

"Okay, where are you going next?" She asked as she took the hair cutting cape off of me.

"I need a fill in." I showed her my nails.

"Where do you usually go?" She asked as I stood up.

"Nails and Beyond, a black girl named De'Lyla does them. She's amazing!" I bragged on her.

"I might need to check her out then." She wrote down her info.

"Tell her I sent you." I told her. "I'll schedule my next appointment at the desk when I pay." I told her.

I stood in line, messing on my phone until it was my turn.

"Hey, Li. Ready to schedule your next appointment?" Morgan, the receptionist, asked.

"And pay." I nodded, pulling out my bank card.

"Pay for what?" Morgan asked.

"What, Morgan?" I scrunched up my face.

"Uhm, a guy slipped in while you were getting it washed. He paid for it already and left back out." She informed me.

"Awwww." All the ladies said, making me blush.

"He is so sweet." I shook my head as I put my card back into my wallet.

"I didn't know you were unaware. He walked in, I asked him if I could help him, he told me what he wanted to do and did it. I asked if he wanted to sit with you but he declined and said he had some business to handle but that you'd know he did it and that he switched your car to take it to the shop." She gave me the run down, causing the ladies to awww again.

"Call me later and I'll schedule you in." She whispered because people are usually suppose to schedule it right then or come in and schedule it.

"Thank you!" I began walking out the salon as I was calling Aubree.

"Yo?" He answered, sounding high.

"Baby! You paid for my hair?!" I squealed once I was outside.

He laughed, "Yeah, it was something slight. Just to show my appreciation for everything you do."

My car was gone in the same parking spot was a Jaguar.

"Is this a Jaguar?" I asked.

He laughed again. "Yeah, never drove one?"

"I'm not going to want to give this rental back once I get inside of it." I whined.

"Give it back to who?" He asked.

"Aubree! You got me a Jag?!" I asked.

"They were buy one, get one half off." He joked.

I couldn't help but to smile and laugh at him.