Chapter Twenty One

"It's ready, ima light it up when Adelynn gets out the bathtub." Aubree rubbed his hands together when he came inside.

He was outside working on the small bonfire he built a while ago, but tonight will be our first time using it.

"Ooouu, I'm so excited babe." I smiled.

"I'm just happy that Adelynn gets to be with us." He came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "I'm even happier that I have you two, even when it isn't a Holiday."

Him having his arms around me, made this little one in my stomach go crazy.

"Someone felt excluded." I laughed.

"I'm happy that I have you three." He corrected himself.

"Me too." I agreed, swatting his hands off of me.

He laughed, knowing I was too big now for this but he still manages to get his arms around me.

"Go get her out, babe." I leaned back and kissed him.

"Aight." He smacked my butt as he walked off.

I was standing in the kitchen, making hot chocolate since it was finally snowing on Christmas Eve for once.

This was all I could ask for, a quiet evening in with us.

I've been everywhere with all of our businesses, Aubree has been doing his usual, and it has been a little difficult for us to have alone time, especially since Adelynn can tell when we want to be alone.

I finished making the hot chocolate and poured them into our mugs, putting a few ice cubes in Adelynn's and letting them sit to the side while I did other things.

I grabbed everyone's favorite chips and drinks and then other snacks, putting them all on a tray.

"Babe!" Aubree called out.

"Hmm?" I walked my 6 month pregnant body into the living room.

"Come and dance with us." Adelynn smiled as Aubree swayed them from side to side as whatever Christmas song they were listening to, was going off.

"I don't feel like it y'all." I whined. "I have papers to submit to--"

"It's your favorite Christmas song." Aubree turned up Luther Vandross' - Every Year, Every Christmas.