Chapter Twenty

I was standing in the kitchen; fixing breakfast, packing lunch, signing forms, going over homework, getting my files together, putting all of Aubree's things he'll need for the day near the island with his gun completely out of reach and preparing everyone for their days.

I was the only one even dressed and that was only because I went ahead and put on my clothes because Mondays are the worst for us as a unit.

Fridays are dress down days but I added Mondays because I can't seem to get myself together.

I had on all Fashion Nova, except my shoes; my midrise, distress, demin jeans with a black tank top and my blue button up shirt over it and my Brown Bailey Bow Uggs.

Since I became an ambassador at Fashion Nova, that's all I wear, they send me whatever I want for free. Audrey, Aubree & Adelynn are all half off which is fine with me.

"Hey mommy!" Adelynn came into the kitchen first, wrapping around my waist.

"Good morning, beautiful." I kissed the top of her head.

"Nanna showed me your report card. I knew you were a nerd in school, I could tell." She teased me.

I smacked my lips, "I wasn't a nerd, I was sexy and smart." I rolled my eyes.

"Can we play at Aunt Jas' house later?" She asked.

I began mixing my smoothie to my liking and stirred it up and then started on Aubree's because we like the same type of smoothie but 2 completely different ways.

"It's Monday, Dee. You know I work late on Mondays but if I can get out of there early then, yes. If not, tell your daddy to start on your math homework with you and we'll go tomorrow." I told her.

She sighed. "Yes ma'am."

I knew she was disappointed because she loves to spend time with Luke.

"Or, I can call them and see if they can come over here tonight but I can guarantee they'll say yes, Adelynn." I warned her.

But all she heard was 'they'll be here'.

"Is daddy picking me up today?" She asked after she finished squealing.

"You have to ask him, mama." I responded, putting her breakfast in front of her as she settled for Full House on tv and sat down on the barstool.

Aubree usually waits until the last second to tell me if he's picking her up.

"Can I have orange juice this morning instead?" She asked.

I knew she was going to do this so I pulled out the juice that I had already poured for her and gave it to her while smirking on the inside.

"Did you finish that homework?" I asked, as I packed her little sister's lunch.

I broke Audrey's breakfast up and put it in her high chair so that it could cool off before she got to it.

"Most of it, I had one problem that I need your help with." She responded, stuffing her mouth full of food.

"Get it out before we leave." I told her.

Aubree came downstairs with Audrey on his shoulders as she clapped and spoke baby language.