Chapter Six

-- Trish in MM

3 Days Later...
5:46am...

Luke

I got out of my car and approached Amari who was waiting on a shipment.

"Ain't seen you in a few days." We dapped each other.

"Yeah, I know. I been doing some running around for Ace." I told him.

"How is he?" Amari asked.

I shrugged. "Adjusting."

I didn't feel comfortable discussing my brother with him so I was beginning to walk off.

"I don't know why he actin' like such a bitch." Amari complained.

I quickly turned around.

"Did you lose your pops to a bullet that was meant for you? Then have your mother turn on you like you never meant shit? Contantly trying to kill you so you had to kill her? Ever have a nigga to take you under his wing, so much that you consider him your Pops and then he just dies on you? Or fall out with your brother and find out he was shot dead before you could repair that shit? Nah. Did you Lose your innocent niece, and your grandmother all im the same day? Been the one to have to identify their bullet rigged bodies? All while, niggas turning on you left and right all over money? Niggas gunning for your position so hard and right when you think your life is going to improve... Boom, you serving time for a crime you ain't commit, because your love for a female won't allow her to go behind bars. Nah? Never? Then don't speak on him."

Amari was speechless, as he should be.

"He keeps taking losses." I left it at that.

I walked into the trap and noticed niggas slacking off and being that i was already annoyed, this wasn't about to be good for anyone.

"Y'all niggas serious?" I began snapping. "Mothafuckas would love to be in here, in y'all position and y'all niggas just bullshittin' around?" I asked.

They all moved the fuck around.

I continued up the stairs to my office.

I walked in and emptied my pockets onto the desk before sitting down for only a moment before the door swung open.

"Aye, Luke." Rico came in.

Rico is just a young nigga that I put on to this hustle a year ago.

"What's up?" I ran my hands down my face.

"I sold all my work." He passed me the money.

I took it and put it in the money counter, sliding a 50 under my leg while he was looking down at his phone.

"How much is this suppose to be?" I asked.

"Uhhhh.." he dug into his pocket and retrieved a paper. "$2,000 exact."

I nodded as we waited for the money counter to finish.

"It's fifty short." I told him when they money counter beeped, indicating it was done.

"How? I counted everything that touched my hands, I counter when I was making sells, when I sold it all, when I got here.." he was about to lose his shit.

"First, calm down, never let anyone see you sweat." I told him. "I was just testing you."

I pulled the money from under my leg.

"When someone is counting your money, you never look away, watch them, stare them down until they're finished and the money is back in your hands." I told him.