Chapter Twelve

Tues. Jan 25th, 2022
7:19am...

Aubree

"Good morning, Mr. Profasi. I trust that you got some rest last night?" He asked, noticing how I was rubbing my eyes.

"So many people prefer to see me in person versus in a cell. So, I came to see those very people." I joked.

He laughed. "I believe it."

I looked at the construction workers who had been working for 3 years on the build of my new (and forever) home.

No more new houses after this one.

"Yes sir, Mr. Profasi. The home is almost complete." D'angelo Dorren told me.

D'Angelo Dorren is highly recommended when it comes to architecture and interior designs. I knew I could trust him with this.

"You got a price for me yet?" I asked.

"Mr. Profasi, we are currently looking at almost 21 million. The security unit request and equipment for everything... is very costly. I am putting the bulletproof material in with the regular wall of the home, the windows are bulletproof as well. Consider it a gift." He nervously laughed. "Was there a limit?"

"No limits. However, if we're talking millions then I expect the home to look like millions and not a bulletproof vest." I told him, looking over his blueprints for the home.

"Of course, Mr. Profasi. I do believe you'll be completely satisfied with the home. Also, I do appreciate you allowing me to do my own thing. So many people want a custom home and know exactly how they want it. I appreciate being able to draw up my own designs. I assure you, it will be everything you want it to be." He folded up the blueprint.

"Thank you." I nodded.

"So, all in all, it will be a 6 bedroom, 4 full baths, 2 half bath home. Not including your own master bathroom or the gym bathroom. 3 of the full baths being inside your guest rooms. One guest bathroom downstairs and one upstairs. Also, I have the requested rooms, which are; the personal dance studio, the ball room, inside basketball court with the gym, workout room, lady cave, man cave, theater room, vanity department inside the Mrs' walk in closet, the very private balcony outside your bedroom overlooking your city each morning, rotating shoe rack for her, a traditional shoe rack coming from the wall for you. It goes down the entire wall because, I understand you have a lot of shoes." He joked.

"Yeah, I do." I laughed.

"I also have an electric covering for the pool, correct?" He asked.

I nodded.

"May I ask, why? Only because you didn't mention children." He said.

"Oh, we're gonna make some." I smirked. "So, I can go ahead and handle that problem before it becomes one."

"Thus why we have so many extra bedrooms." He nodded in understanding.

"Exactly why." I told him.

"I understand now." He nodded. "Mr. Profasi, I can give you a tour but you must use your imagination." He joked.

"It's cool, I just wanted to see the progress and talk to you a little more before continuing." I told him. "I have a different question."

"Yes sir?"

"Could you tell me about the neighbors?" I asked.

"About 6 years ago, Will & Jada would've been your neighbors." He winked.

"I don't need those type of entanglements." I laughed. "Now tell me about them."

"About .4 miles down, on the left; two fancy, head of their department type of doctors. They were about to buy this land for their daughter but you swiped it up first." He informed me. "They have 3 grandkids who are all by their son, he stays in the city with his wife... and they're black!" He exclaimed.