Chapter Sixteen

When a good thing goes bad
it's not the end of the world
It's just the end of a world,
That you had with one girl
And she's the reason it happened,
but she's overreacting
And it's all because
she don't want things to change

So cry if you need to,
but I can't stay to watch you
That's the wrong thing to do
Touch if you need to
But I can't stay to hold you
That's the wrong thing to do
Talk if you need to,
But I can't stay to hear you
That's the wrong thing to do
'Cause you'll say you love me,
and I'll end up lying
And say I love you too

But I need someone different
You know it, oh ho, you know it
Oh ho, you know it, we both know it
I need someone different
You know it, oh ho, you know it
Oh ho, you know it, we both know it
Something's been missing
You know it, oh ho, she knows it
Oh ho, I know it, we all know it
I need someone different (oh ho, oh ho)
Drake - Doing It Wrong

Mon. Feb 14th, 2022.
6:15pm...

Aubree

I was showing Luke some new product and comparing it to what we have... Just testing it out before we purchased a large amount.

"You sure?" Luke asked, testing the product.

"I'm sure, bro." I finished counting up the money. "And he'll give us a discount if we buy large enough amounts. We'll just have to place larger orders but then the product will last longer."

"All im saying is, if you want her then show her. If you don't want her then leave her alone." Jas preached.

"No one was talking about her!" Luke threw his hands in the air. "And didn't I say to stay out of it?" He asked, putting the product away.

"It's cool, bro. I can pick her ass for information." I told Luke, making him laugh.

"What do you want to know, brother?" She batted her lashes, putting her stuff down.

"I want her. I just want her to think before she makes crazy moves. Shit makes me feel like she don't really care about what happens to me because she knows I'll wear any charge for her." I explained.

"I get what you're saying but maybe you can show her how to do that. When Li sees red, it's up. There is no thinking, especially when it comes to you." She emphasized the 'you'.

"Then she doesn't trust him." Luke said.

"I thought we were staying out of it?" Jas raised her eyebrow.

"We are... When they're both around." He smirked.

"Continue, brother." Jas rolled her eyes at him. "Better yet, just tell me what's the problem so I can properly relay the message to her."

"I got enough people that I have to look over my shoulder at. I shouldn't have to question the mothafucka that I sleep beside every night."

"Look, you love that girl. I ain't seen you this crazy over a female since we were 16 and that nigga Sean took her from you. Remember?" He laughed, making me mug him.

"That's another story for another day." He held his hands up in surrender and went into the kitchen.

"Li would never intentionally hurt you. She misses you." Jas seriously spoke.

"She miss me?" I questioned.

She seemed to be hitting shit out with Brandon.

"I don't wanna say too much but yeah, and that's all I'll say." She picked her things back up and went upstairs.