something's gotta give

The doctors of Seattle Grace Mercy West sat uncomfortably in the auditorium listening, somewhat impatiently, as Dr Altman presented Roy Henley's case

The doctors of Seattle Grace Mercy West sat uncomfortably in the auditorium listening, somewhat impatiently, as Dr Altman presented Roy Henley's case. Phoebe sat disinterestedly in her end seat, occasionally glancing to the doors wishing for an escape from this hell; sat behind Jackson and April.

"It's all in your head." April whispered to Jackson, gaining Phoebe's attention. She looked to Meredith, at her side, and they shrugged to each other before clearly eavesdropping on the two in front of them.

"My name isn't on the OR Board. I checked the schedule. Nobody wants to work with me, because I'm not on anybody's service." Jackson replied, stress lacing his every whispered word.

"It's an oversight, okay? Just- just ask around." April attempted to reassure, though her uncertain tone didn't help much as Jackson's face remained twisted in a worried glare.

"Do you know how many things I've screwed up in the last month?" Jackson sighed sinking back into his seat, risking a quick glance back to Phoebe, who focused her gaze on Altman. When she felt his stare return to the stage, Phoebe quickly looked to Meredith hopelessly.

"Stop it. I'm serious. Just ask around and get on someone's service and get back to work." Meredith exclaimed quietly as she leant forward between April and Jackson, her motherly tone sneaking in.

Alex appeared next to Phoebe making her jump slightly before she moved her legs to let him through to sit in the empty space next to Meredith.

"You smell like you're sweating booze. Where have you been?" Meredith asked a disgruntled Alex. He sat in a dirty, sloppy suit with his hand rubbing his face trying to soothe the hangover away.

"I want the weekend you had." Jackson commented as he turned slightly to look at Alex.

"Tell me about it." Phoebe mumbled earning an amused glance from Meredith.

"What happens in Vegas, you know? Hey, who's Stark? I'm supposed to be on his service today." Alex asked looking to the women sat next to him.

"Oh, me too. He's the new peds attending since Robbins left." April replied quickly, stuttering slightly as she tried to keep her stare from Alex. Jackson looked at her peculiarly, analysing her odd behaviour as Phoebe let out a deep breath.

"Oh boy." She muttered under her breath, identifying April's flirty eyes, ones that were previously reserved for Shepherd.

"Crap." Alex sighed out. "I can't handle a bunch of sick kids today. I can't do it." He added with a shake of his head, sinking further into his seat.