shiny happy people

A herd of doctors pilled into the large home, some carrying gifts of booze and others just coming to consume it

A herd of doctors pilled into the large home, some carrying gifts of booze and others just coming to consume it. Phoebe stood with a sad Callie, who stared longingly at her now ex-girlfriend.

"Maybe you should have kept that flirty girl's number." Phoebe suggested. Callie stared Phoebe down, her look showing her disgust for the idea so Phoebe quickly raised her glass and took a sip, avoiding Callie's eye. In her avoidance she caught eyes with Mark and gave him a pleading look as she mouthed out "help me." The blue eyed attending laughed at the girl and strode over to them with a smirk on his face.

"You're staring again." Mark said, directed at Callie while he offered Phoebe a wink.

"No I'm not." Callie argued, despite her eyes still being trained on her ex.

"Want to come back to mine, have steamy shower sex? Teddy's still at the hospital." Mark offered, worryingly serious.

"You know, I'm just really not in the mood." With that Callie stormed out of the Chief's house and left Phoebe and Mark alone.

"What about you, huh?" Mark offered. Phoebe giggled at his offer and shook her head.

"Maybe if I wasn't seeing someone and you didn't date my friend." Phoebe joked as she took another sip.

"He's not your boyfriend though and I don't see him anywhere." Mark argued flirtatiously. Phoebe met his vibrant blue eyes and when she felt her mind considering it she knew she'd had too many cocktails.

"I think I'm going to get a glass of water." Phoebe replied as she walked away from the attending, shaking away the intrusive thoughts.

At the entrance of the kitchen, Phoebe was blocked by Owen and Cristina making out in the doorway so she quickly turned around and went to find some of her friends. The water could wait.

She spotted April and made her way towards her, as she got closer she saw that she was also accompanied by Reed and Jackson.

"Hi." Phoebe chirped as she grabbed a martini from a passing tray.

"Someone's in a good mood." Reed commented in amusement as she saw Phoebe take a large sip.

"Someone is getting drunk. It's me. I am someone." Phoebe replied laughing at herself.

"I think I'm going to go for it." Reed said, changing the subject as she caught sight of her target. Phoebe was out of the loop and tried to find who the other girl was talking about when she saw Mark reappear.

"What no you can't. We are at the chief's house, it is so unprofessional, right guys?" April criticised looking to her friends for backup.

"No, go ahead girl, get yours." Jackson disagreed, and gave Reed a nod of approval.