✨Butterflies✨

Yes, i changed the book name to Robbers. the song Robbers by the 1975 vibes so hard with this book and it's a relevant song for later on so...yeah.  :) 

also warning: light smut 

Stan had gotten home that morning to find Richie passed out in the back of his old 1957 black Chevy. How he had gotten there he would never know. Stan sighed and went up to the apartment, cleaning it up and kicking out people who had passed out there before going back down to the front of the apartment complex and waking Richie up. 

Richie woke up with a look of confusion, it seemed he himself had no idea how he had gotten himself there either. When Stan had opened the car the smell of alcohol hit him instantly as he grabbed Richie's hand to help pull him out of the old car.  

"How the hell did you get here Rich?" 

Richie adjusted his eyes to the harsh sunlight and stood fully, stretching out his long limbs and massaging his head through a headache. 

"Not sure, all i can remember is...well, nothing really."

Richie sighed and locked his 'precious baby' before heading inside and going back up towards his apartment, he listened as Stan told him how he had cleaned up the mess and the number of people he had kicked out. 

When they ha gotten to their floor Richie started pulling out his apartment keys since Stan locked the door but stopped frozen when he saw Eddie standing outside his door, a pissed off look on his face. 

"Oh Ed's what are-" 

"You! You bitch!" 

Richie recoiled then sighed figuring this would happen, he hadn't expected it so soon but he knew he had it coming. 

"listen sunshine, i have an extreme headache right now and i just woke up like five minutes ago so i'm gonna get a glass of water from my apartment. follow if you want but i am parched dear."

Eddie scoffed, face red, and stepped aside so Richie could unlock his apartment and go in. He also waited until Stanley was inside before closing the door and watching Richie chug down a glass of water he had made. Something in the back of his head told him it was pill time when he saw the glass of water but he ignored it and walked towards the kitchen. 

"I was sat there ALONE for like an hour...like an idiot."

Richie finished his water and wiped his mouth as Stan quietly sat down at the kitchen table, watching the interaction carefully. 

"Sorry sweets, life is a bitch." 

"No Richie, i think you're confusing life with yourself."

"ooh Ed's get's off a good one! you hear that Stanley? i'm a bitch!"

Eddie and Richie both turned towards a frozen Stanley. The poor man looked like a deer stuck in headlights and Richie chuckled turning away from the both of them and resting tensely against the kitchen counter.

"Don't drag Stan into this. So you decided it was a good idea to throw a party last night instead of actually attending the date that YOU organised, huh? and i didn't even get an invite. NO! i found out after having to walk home thirty minutes in the pouring rain and some bitch dumping alcohol on me. Alcohol from YOUR party."  

Richie sighed, still facing away from Eddie. 

"Who?"

"Who-Who what?!"

"Who dumped their drink on you?"

"Wha- Just some blonde cunt. i don't know."

Eddie huffed and shook his head, he thought Richie was insufferable, he wanted to ring his neck. Said man finally turned round to face Eddie, now leaning his back against the counter as he stared at Eddie. His face was devoid of emotion and it scared Eddie if he had to be honest, Richie's eyes looked so dark and his usual cocky grin was pulled into a straight line, his features dropping. 

"Did i hurt you sweetheart?" 

Richie sounded sad, regretful and Eddie wanted to honestly start crying, he had never seen someone look so broken. and the truth was, yes, Richie had hurt him. 

"yes."

Eddie watched as Richie rubbed a hand down his face and sighed before looking down.

"i uhm...i deleted your number." Eddie mumbled out, suddenly feeling bad for the tall man. 

"oh." Richie looked defeated and Eddie din't know what to do. he at least wanted an apology. He thought he deserved at least that much, maybe a little more. Eddie kept thinking back to that day in the cafe, Richie had opened up to him, they had shared an intimate moment and sure it wasn't like their kisses but somehow it felt more intimate than that. 

Eddie walked towards Richie, dying to feel the same sort of intimacy again. Once in front of the taller man Eddie hooked his hand around the back of Richie's neck and pulled him down so their foreheads were connected. the two instantly felt warmth spread over them. 

"talk to me Chee."

"I'm sorry." 

their voices were barely above a whisper however they heard each other loud and clear, Eddie had gotten the apology he wanted and he knew that was enough for him. usually he would've spat in their face and left but it was different this time. This was Richie. 

Eddie pulled the tall man down into a kiss and Richie made a happy sound against his lips, sending vibrations through the both of them. Richie straightened out, his back starting to ache and Eddie followed, pushing himself up against Richie, their lips still attached. 

The kiss had gotten more needy and desperate and it was then that Stan decided to leave, calling Ben to pick him up because he was "scared, Benny please get here fast."

Richie didn't acknowledge the sound of the apartment door closing as Stan left but Eddie seemed to as he bought his hands up and pulled on Richie's inky curls. That seemed to flip a switch in Richie as he grabbed onto Eddie's hips tightly and hoisted him up before spinning him and sitting him down on the kitchen counter. 

Richie's hands rested on Eddie's thighs as he moved down the man's face to press kisses along his jawline, moving down and nibbling at Eddie's neck slightly. He seemed to find a sweet spot just by Eddie's Adam's apple as Eddie pulled on Richie's hair tighter and let out a small gasp, the sound dissolving into a whimper.  

Richie rubbed up and down Eddie's thighs while continued making marks on Eddie's neck, he wanted people to know Eddie was his. but the thing was, Eddie wasn't his. 

Richie abruptly stopped all his movements and leaned up to look Eddie in the face, staring deeply into his honey eyes, the gold flecks in them reflected into Richie's own eyes and the two men felt so blissfully connected that Eddie let out a small whine. 

"will you..." Richie started his voice small, the words basically coming out in gasps. "will you be my boyfriend?" 

Richie looked so raw and vulnerable, almost like he was prepared for rejection. Well, Eddie wasn't going to be the person to do that. 

"yes."

it was simple, it wasn't done in a big gesture but it was perfect for the two, all they really wanted was each other and at this point they were so caught up in just admiring each other that they had forgotten all about their previous activities. Maybe it was leading into something more and both men were ready for it but right now all thy wanted to do was keep staring at each other. into each other's souls. 

Richie smiled, for the first time in a while he felt okay and maybe he didn't need Stanley to ask him if he was doing so, because he was. and he felt the scars heal and he felt himself starting to recover and maybe all his life Eddie has been what he needed to do so. 

Eddie smiled back, for the first time in a while he felt alright, not so alone. He realised that since meeting Richie he hadn't felt the need to reach for his inhaler and he hadn't had a panic attack, not since really knowing him.  He realised that that dark abyss he felt in his stomach was being filled, Butterflies swarmed in the hole left. The butterflies bled with the color of Richie's heart and Eddie felt full, full of love, trust, happiness...and it was all because of Richie.

Both men knew that they needed each other more than ever, They had needed each other since they were just scared little boys living in fucked up towns and hiding from who they were. But they knew who they were now, they were theirs, Eddie was Richie's and Richie was Eddie's and they were okay. 

at least for now.