Chapter 14: Dreams and Sacrifices

A/N: Good afternoon readers! A new chapter of Dragon Ball Legacy! This one isn't as action-packed, but I believe it's still important! I was on the fence about this one, but I still enjoyed writing it. I hope you enjoy it!

Opening Theme: "LI(E)FE" by Coldrain

Ending Theme: "Spirit!" by BAND-MAID

* * * *

Black eyes opened, its owner finding themselves lying in a sea of black nothingness. She sat up, her eyes wide with confusion.

"W-what the hell is this place?" Pan Son questioned incredulously as she sat up.

After her battle with Clawness, she had fallen unconscious and had woken up in her soul. Her grandfather had greeted her cheerfully, and informed her that she was now recovering in the healing chamber back at Capsule Corp.

She had told him that she had questions that needed answering, but he had been adamant against answering any questions until she got some rest, so she fell asleep. Only to find herself here... whatever here was.

Pan rose to her feet as she looked around, noting that she was wearing her outfit from when she fought Clawness. She also took note that with each step she took, the black floor rippled like she was walking on water, even though it felt like she was walking on air.

"This place is weirder than my soul..." she muttered, groaning comically as she realised what she had just said. "That's gonna take some getting use too."

She took a step, and then yelped as she suddenly found herself falling, her eyes widening. It felt like she was falling through a black hole. Nothing but darkness was all she could see.

Pan closed her eyes tightly, expecting to meet her end via falling to her death in a place she had no recollection of.

Only nothing happened.

The quarter Saiyan opened her eyes to find herself standing in a vast white space of nothingness. 

"What is with this freaky place?" Pan wondered, sighing.

The sound of chains caught Pan's attention, making her whirl around wildly.

The quarter Saiyan's eyes widened at what she saw, visible horror growing on her facial features.

The first thing she saw was blood that dripped down from the toes of light lilac skin. The black steel chains that hung from seemingly nothing, held in their grasp a young alien girl, seemingly cover in blood like she had been endlessly tortured. Incredibly long midnight blue locks, so long that it nearly touched the floor, was coated with her dried blood. She had two large bangs of hair that criss-crossed over one another between her eyes, and her hair branched outwardly near the top. A long lilac tail could be seen hanging from behind the mysterious figure.

Despite the gruesome image, Pan found the girl breathtakingly beautiful.

Pan opened her mouth to speak, but all that came out was a strangled sob, so shocked by the sight before her that she was beginning to hyperventilate.

The woman hanging from the chains opened her eyes, pink orbs staring a hole through Pan as she stared down at the quarter Saiyan. The alien's iris was coloured a striking blue.

"Who are you?"

Pan couldn't respond, as the cold look in the woman's pink eyes had left her frozen. Despite what had been done to her, the alien woman's voice was steady, as if she wasn't in any pain at all. What shocked and scared Pan the most however was the cold tone in the woman's voice, devoid of emotions, freezing Pan at her very core.