Chapter 16: Monster

EVENING READERS! Saiyan God.101 with another chapter of Dragon Ball Legacy! It's been awhile! HI! Last chapter left us with quite the reveal! Let's see what happens in the aftermath!

Opening Theme: "LI(E)FE" by Coldrain

Ending Theme: "Spirit!!" by BAND-MAID

* * * *

"You're not a monster."

Lexi stared into the wide black eyes of Pan Son, unwavering and completely trusting in the words that she spoke, surrounded by pink cherry blossoms as they sat in the mystical trees.

"Even if you're not human anymore, that doesn't change who you are."

The full-blooded Saiyan watched as tears pricked at Pan's eyes as she stared at Lexi, somehow managing not to let them fall, giving the two-tone haired Saiyan a watery smile.

"Thanks Lexi."

Lexi smiled back at the newly christened full blood Saiyan.

"You're not a monster."

The smile on Pan's face as they were surrounded by cherry blossom trees burned away in Lexi's mind, being replaced by dark red skies and burning buildings.

Lexi found herself floating in the red skies, blood rolling down her body and painting her face. Her black and red hair was covered in dried blood. Her whole form shook, fully aware that it wasn't her blood that covered her body.

It was the blood of her friends. The blood of her mother.

Lexi opened her eyelids to reveal dead eyes that glowed a dangerous purple. A tear slid down her emotionless face, but she felt nothing. No sorrow. No grief. Not even self hate.

Every feeling, horror, disgust, it had all been dried up along with her tears, and now all that was left was a body consumed by darkness.

Tears streamed down her face as the woman she once was began to die, giving way to a wide evil smile.

"You're not a monster. I am."

. . . .

Trunks yawned as he stepped into the dark silent kitchen, his mind set on his nightly midnight snack.

He opened the fridge door, clicking his teeth in annoyance at the sight of the fridge being nearly empty.

His right lavender eyebrow twitched at the sight of an empty plate with a note. A chibi cartoon version of Bulla stared back at him, her tongue sticking out and flipping the bird, with the caption, "It's mine now!"

"She's gonna get it tomorrow..." he grumbled in irritation. He suddenly stilled, chills running up and down his spine as a foreboding presence slithered into the kitchen, approaching him from behind. What the hell...

It was dark and twisted, and had his senses screaming at him to get away.

Trunks whirled around, his fist at the ready, only to freeze at the sight of Lexi, an intense blush nearly turning his face bright red at the sight of her light clothing.

She stood still and silent, her bangs shadowing her face, wearing nothing but a white tank top and black shorts, exposing her toned figure and shapely legs.

"Lexi?" Trunks whispered in confusion, trying to block out his senses that were screaming "DEATH! GET AWAY!" at the young woman's mere presence. That can't be right...