Chapter 17: Severed Bonds

A/N: Evening Readers! SaiyanGod101 coming to you with another chapter of Dragon Ball Legacy! ENJOY!

Opening Theme: "LI(E)FE" by Coldrain

Ending Theme: "Spirit!!" by BAND-MAID

* * * *

It had been roughly an hour since the news broke that West City had been the scene of a battle. Footage of golden and purple flashes colliding in the night sky, causing powerful shockwaves, exploding through buildings and impacting the streets of the city was all over every news outlet in the world. It didn't take the Z-Fighters long to realise that Vegeta had been tangled in a battle.

Pan frowned as she sat by the window, staring out into the starry sky that overlooked the mountains and forests that surrounded her home, now wearing her battle attire after it became clear to her that it wouldn't be long until she's fighting again. Her fingerless gloves rested on the window sill beside her, along with her infamous orange bandana.

Despite the calm setting outside, Pan couldn't help but feel uneasy.

Grandpa... are you there?

Yes.

Something bad is about to happen...

Goku was quiet for a brief moment, before sighing. Prepare yourself Pan.

Who did this?

I can't answer that. I'm sorry Pan.

Pan sighed, her frown deepening as her family and friends discussed what they were going to do.

"Damn it!" Goten growled, punching his palm in anger. "This has Clawness written all over it! She's gonna-"

"It wasn't Clawness."

The group went silent, before looking at Pan, who had been the one to speak up.

"What do you mean it wasn't Clawness?" Tien muttered, narrowing his eyes at the woman.

"Yeah... who else could it be?" Krillin added.

Pan sighed, turning away from the window to stare at the rest of the group.

"I know you all sensed that ki, just like I did," Pan said, her eyes lowering to the floor. "Bulla's energy going insane woke me up. But then I felt that... that hatred... it felt... wrong."

"You're right," Gohan muttered. "That ki was a whole other level of sinister. Whoever Vegeta was fighting, it definitely wasn't Clawness."

"It did feel weird..." Krillin muttered.

"You know what this means right?" Eighteen cut in, getting everyone's attention. Her icy blue eyes narrowed, intense. "We are dealing with someone who is much more evil and possibly more powerful than Clawness here."

An uneasy silence fell between them at that.

"UGHHH!" Chi-Chi groaned loudly. "I just got my granddaughter back and this happens?! Why can't we have a peaceful life for once!"

Pan sighed as the others tried to calm Chi-Chi down. "I'm stepping out for some fresh air."

"Be careful okay..." Gohan called out worriedly. "If anything out of the ordinary happens come to us alright?"

Pan rolled her eyes, staring back at her father in slight exasperation.

"Will you stop worrying about me?!" she groaned.

Despite the situation, Gohan smiled.

"Never," he replied, making Pan groan.

The half Saiyan frowned. "Whoever this person is, their attack was intentional. They knew who the Vegeta's were. Which means they probably know who we are too. So be careful. And don't be out there too long. We don't know when they'll attack."