Chapter 6 (The Boys)

Pauls Pov:

After running patrol, I go to Emily's house to eat. I can't help it, ever since I shifted into a wolf I have been hungry non-stop. I am running in my wolf form just thinking about what has happened since I shifted. Well first, I had to stop seeing girls which I personally think is dumb. Imprints are for pansies and I don't need or want one.

I get to the house and see everyone is walking outside. 'Well there goes my muffin of goodness' I think. I shift back into human form and pull on a pair of shorts I have outside.

"Where are we going?" I ask, with an annoyed tone wishing I could just eat some muffins in peace. I wish those stupid leeches never came here they just screwed up everyone's lives. Like look at Sam and Emily, I mean yeah they love each other, but Sam was going to get married to Leah. If you don't know who Leah is that's Emily's cousin, but after the whole Sam breaking up with her for Leah she got disowned by the whole family except for Harry.

"We are going to get Jake," Embry says.

"He is not here?" I ask, today after I ran patrol with Jared Jake was supposed to go with Embry and run patrol.

"No he's not, we think he just overslept so we are going to wake him up." Sam says, and I have to admire him. I mean almost the whole community hates him except us and the elders.

"Okay, lets go get 'Jakey'" I say in a mocking tone, and everyone laughs while we start walking to Jake's house. Nobody gets why he is in love with Swan, especially after imprinting. I mean how can you ignore that. I get it I don't want or need an imprint, but what I heard from Sam it is impossible to do that. Come to think of it, his imprint was unusually calm. Considering the leech lover just handed her over to a leech without a second thought. I mean who does that. By the time I come out of my thoughts I see we are at Jake's house. We start hooting and howling at the house and when I look over I feel my world stop.

"It's not like love at first sight, really. It's more like... gravity moves... suddenly. It's not the earth holding you here anymore, she does... You become whatever she needs you to be, whether that's a protector, or a lover, or a friend." After I come out of my trance I take a look at her. Beautiful blue eyes like the sky, and gorgeous blonde hair that looks like sunlight. I would have kept looking at her and admired her beauty, but her lover pushed her into a car. All I saw was RED. How dare she push my imprint. She was going to PAY.

Embry's Pov:

I was sitting at Emily's house with Sam and Emily laughing and goofing off. Until Sam checks the clock and sees that it is almost time for the next patrol shift. We have been doing more patrols since that stupid red headed leech came on our borders.

"Where is Jacob?" Sam asks, slightly irritated, and I don't blame him. Jake has been a pain in everyone's highway since Bella Swan got in the picture. Even before he was a wolf he would always blow Quill and I off to hang out with her. I mean it is obvious that she is just using him to make herself feel better. Why can't he just see that, but whenever we bring it up he loses control and shifts.

"I don't know, maybe he is still sleeping," I say.

"Well lets go wake him up, this is serious we can't have that leech come onto our land" Sam says, going into Alpha mode. Which if you haven't guessed is like he has a stick so far up his highness that you can see it come up his throat and in his mouth. Not that I would ever let him hear that thought. "Bye Emily we will be back in a bit we have to get Jacob up." Sam says to Emily while kissing her scars.

"Okay, lets go get Jake'' I say, and as soon as we walk outside I see Paul in wolf form. He looks at us confused and shifts back. I look away and back at Sam and look over his shoulder and see Jared doing the same thing. We fill them in and start walking to Jake's house. All I can think on the way is how much my life has changed. My Mom who doesn't know about us thinks that I am doing drugs and that I am in a gang. I want to tell her but Sam says that I will just put her in more danger. My Mom and I used to be so close too. We were inseparable since forever. I guess that is what happens when you have a single parent. I never knew my dad and since I don't and my Mom won't tell me I don't know if I have any brothers or sisters. I am pulled out of my thoughts when I see Jake's house. I also see leech lovers trucks, but there are other people too. I go to get a better look at them and stop in my tracks.