Chapter Three: College Party Madness

It had been a couple months since classes started, Asuna was starting to get the hang of balancing six classes. She had gotten much closer with Liz, they often met up to do homework together or sometimes Liz came over and they watched movies together and just talked.

Tonight was one of those nights. Asuna heard a knock on her door and stood up to go greet Liz and let her in. She opened the door and they exchanged their greetings and Liz hung up her sweater and took off her shoes. "You know, I've been meaning to ask... how'd you land such a cool apartment?" She asked and Asuna explained how her father wanted her to have proper living quarters while she was away from home.

"Wow, pretty lucky you have such a doting father huh?" Liz teased.

"I would've been fine with a normal room, but he insisted" Asuna sighed.

"Hey its not a bad thing, this place rocks!" Liz said as she sat down on the couch. "Hey, I heard that there's a party going on at one of the student houses tonight, someone told me about it in our accounting class....said I could bring a frieend" Liz said as she gave Asuna a sly smile.

"I don't know Liz... I'm not much of a party girl... I've never even been to one." Asuna admitted. "Wait seriously? Not even in highschool?" Liz questioned. "Well... I was invited to them, but my mother is very strict, she never allowed me to go." Asuna explained. Liz stood up and grabbed Asuna by the wrist and pulled her up the stairs. "Well you're going to one tonight! Come on, let's find you something nice to wear!" She said as she opened her closet.

Asuna laughed and submitted, who knows, it could be fun!

Meanwhile, Kirito was on his laptop trying to solve his programming assignment. He'd been working on it all day and he was so close to fixing it. His roommate, Eugeo, was getting ready for a party that was happening tonight. "Hey Kirito, you coming tonight?" He asked. Kirito spun his chair around and shrugged. "Why not, if I keep staring at this laptop screen I'm going to lose my mind, could use a break." He got up and opened his drawer and pulled out a pair of black jeans to match his dark blue long sleeve.

His sister had packed him some colorful clothes because apparently he looked too dark and gloomy wearing black all the time. He smiled as he remembered his sister Suguha, then went into the bathroom to change. A few minutes later he came out and he grabbed his keys. Eugeo was already in the hall waiting for him, and they both left for the party.

Liz clapped her hands together in approval. "I think that should work! Despite your protests I think I managed to find you something good to wear for tonight!" Asuna looked in her full body mirror. She had on some grey jeans with a pastel pink fuzzy long sleeve shirt. Liz had wanted to stick her in a crop top but she had immediately refused the idea. Liz practically dragged Asuna out the door and called a taxi to take them to the party.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Asuna had always imagined what a party would look like, and honestly this pretty much matched what she thought. It was loud, there was music blaring out of speakers. There were people everywhere, she couldn't take a single step without bumping into someone and letting out a small apology before moving on.

She and Liz had arrived in the middle of what seemed like utter chaos. Liz seemed to blend right in as she immediately went to go find drinks and she left a slightly anxious Asuna to fend for herself.

She was trying to find Liz through the crowd but soon discovered she was feeling a little claustrophobic. She needed to find somewherethat wasn't full of people, what she really wanted was to find Liz. She turned around and collided with her next unsuspecting victim. "Oh geez... I'm sorry!" She shouted over the music. When she looked to see who she'd bumped into her eyes lockedbwith dark onyx eyes. "Asuna? Hey! We really have to stop bumping into each other like this." Kirito said with a laugh.

Asuna smiled, releived she'd found someone she knows. "Sorry about that Kazuto...I'm trying to find my friend Liz, I have no clue where she went." Asuna said. Kirito looked at Asuna a little closer and saw that she looked a little anxious. "Well you can stick with me till we find her, she can't have gone far." Kirito said as he reached out his hand to her.

Asuna accepted it gratefully and let Kirito guide her through the crowd. He helped her through the hordes of people until they reached the kitchen, there was still a lot of people, but not nearly as many as the main room.

Asuna leaned against the wall and sighed in relief. "Thank you." She said again as she smiled at Kirito. He was about to reply but the way she looked at him made him stop in his tracks.

Asuna Yuuki. The same Asuna Yuuki who he'd had a crush on in highschool. She really was as stunning as he remembered, with her long hazel hair and caramel eyes to match. He never bothered talking to her cause he thought he didn't stand a chance. Looking at her now he definitely knew he didn't.

"A-ah yea, yea no problem" he finally replied. Asuna gave him a strange look and was about to ask if he was okay, but Liz who seemingly appeared out of nowhere collided into the brown haired girl, nearly sending them both on the floor.

"Asuna! Come on come on there's some people I want you to meet!" She yelled as she began to drag Asuna away. "W-wait Liz! Aw geez, uhm thank you again Kazuto!" Asuna called as she got dragged back into the crowd.

Kirito was about to call out to her, he had wanted to ask her for her number. He shrugged it off though and went to find Eugeo. He'd ask the next time he bumped into her.

Unfortunately that was sooner than he thought.