Chapter Fourteen: The Awaited Question

"Okay I'm off! I'll be back later!" Kirito yelled as he put his shoes on and wrapped himself up in his coat. He grabbed his truck keys and was about to open the door when he heard Suguha call out to him. "Have fun Kazuto!" Sugu said as she smiled at her older brother. Kirito smiled. Thanks Sugu, I'll be home later." He said as he pat his sisters head. She nodded and waved as he exited his house and ran out to his truck.

The vehicle roared to life as he turned the ignition, as he allowed the truck to warm, he texted Asuna that he was on his way. He pulled out of the driveway and headed towards the Yuuki Residence.

Asuna was already dressed and ready to go, in some brown jeans and a tan fuzzy sweater to match. She was waiting patiently at her front door,  and just as she heard Kirito's truck coming, she heard her mother coming with her coat. Asuna slid the coat on and wrapped her scarf around her neck, after putting on her earmuffs she nodded to her mother.

"When should I be expecting you home?" Her mother asked. "I should be back around 9... is that okay?" Asuna asked, her mother shrugged and nodded. "You've completed all your college homework so I don't have any complaints, please message me if you end up staying out later." She said calmly.

Asuna nodded and thanked her. Her mother left to go to her office to finish some work, and Asuna didn't have to wait long to hear the sound of Kirito's truck pull in.

She announced she was leaving as she opened the door and then closed it behind her.

"Asuna! Hey there, you look great." Kirito said as he opened his door and met her on her side.

"Why thank you Kirito... its nice to see you." She smiled as he opened the door for her to allow her to slip inside and jumped in himself and then they were off.

"So how's your break going so far? Do anything exciting? I mean other then going to your family cabin." Kirito said as he started down the street.

"Ahhh... it was mostly a business trip for our father, he invited his partners up to the cabin for a few days and insisted that they both bring their families." Asuna explained, "it was pretty stuffy." She said, when she glanced over at Kirito his eyes showed a hint of concern, so she quickly spoke again. "But the views are beautiful out there! The lake completely freezes over so you can skate, oh and there's a fire pit right by the lake so you can sit around it and tell stories." She finished.

She smiled to herself, growing up that place was tons of fun, even if she didn't go up much anymore. "What about you Kirito? Enjoying your break?" Asuna questioned.

Kitito smiled. "Ahhh...honestly I've been wrapped up in robotics, not a lot of spare time." He admitted with a sigh. "I hope I'm not going to cause you to fall behind." Asuna said as she tilted her head. "Of course not, I finished most of it by now, Eugeo said he'd take care of the rest for today. I really owe him." Kirito said as he sighed.

"Well, in that case I should thank him too. After all I wouldn't be seeing you if not for him." Asuna said, she put her finger to her chin and pondered.

"Maybe I'll make him a lunch when we get back to school." Kirito's face reddened slightly.

"Well if you make him one I can't
guarantee that I won't steal it."

Asuna laughed and shook her head. "Of course I'll make you one too silly, that's what I've been doing right?" She smiled and said in a teasing tone. "I can't deprive you."

" I've never tasted food better than yours." Kirito said, which only made her laugh again. "I'm only teasing.." she replied which made Kazuto sigh in relief.

Asuna glanced out the window and a realization popped into her head. "Hey, where are we going?" She asked.

A sly smile crept it's way on his face. "You'll see, we're just about there." He said as he made a turn.